Wiki Posts
Search

BA to introduce passenger scoring

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

BA to introduce passenger scoring

From 21st March, BA will introduce the CIV system for Passenger Information Lists. The PIL is a definitive passenger list given to crews after boarding closes , and as of 21/03 passengers will have a Customer Individual Value, or "score". The aim of the CIV is for crews to be able to differentiate between who spends what on BA! A Premier passenger will always have a score of 100 (maximum), whilst Gold card holders can expect a minimum of 39.

So, Mr X in 21F may have a score of 12, whilst Miss Y in 21G may have one of 89 meaning she would be given priority over Mr X, should, for example, meal choices run out, upgrades be available etc, etc....

What's your score?!
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:30 am
Suspended

More importantly, what's your source...it would be interesting to find out as this has been much discussed in the past.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Where did you get hold of this info? Also how is it calculated?

What would my score be roughly?

TLV-LHR-TLV Fortnightly in J (Paid 'I-Class')

&

TLV-LHR-JFK-LHR-TLV Bi-monthly in J (Paid 'I-Class TLV-LHR-TLV + 'W-Class' MFUed LHR-JFK-LHR)

Last edited by jonnye; Feb 27, 2007 at 10:36 am
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:31 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Given the current high rate of status/exec numbers being left off both boarding passes and manifests as posted by many on here (including myself), it is clearly going to work fantastically....
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:34 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
And how does this differ from the existing CCV score?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
I wondered how long it would take for someone with inside information to post this.

B
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:49 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by Brian_1
I wondered how long it would take for someone with inside information to post this.

B
Shame on you for having insider information and not de-briefing us immediately, before even Willie Wonka knew about it!

But anyway... will this new score be based on spending on BA, or rather flight patterns, booking classes booked, and status (besides of course the apparent minimum for Goldmembers). It seems like making this information available to more people will only complicate things even more, but I suppose it could also give über-Goldmembers something to shoot for: the magical three-digit CIV score.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by bizgeez
So, Mr X in 21F may have a score of 12, whilst Miss Y in 21G may have one of 89 meaning she would be given priority over Mr X, should, for example, meal choices run out, upgrades be available etc, etc....
So in other words, people will get different treatment by the cabin crew depending on their score?
What a terrible terrible idea.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:00 am

So they've finally implemented the FSB system then
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:06 am

It will still be out weighed by the existing scoring system, does the staff member fancy the customer, is the customer flirting back, are they cute, are they dressed like your grandparents would etc etc etc.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by adrianjc32
It will still be out weighed by the existing scoring system, does the staff member fancy the customer, is the customer flirting back, are they cute, are they dressed like your grandparents would etc etc etc.
I did witness you on occasion implementing such policy at T4.

Mind you, I think we all did.

B
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by adrianjc32
Didn't know that BA staff were allowed to flirt with the customers
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
QF has already introduced passenger scoring... at least for famous actors.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Arse-uming this list comes with the manifest... it's going to make it a lot easier for people to find out their scores
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:21 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by clubman
So in other words, people will get different treatment by the cabin crew depending on their score?
What a terrible terrible idea.
Ah yes, typical classist BA ideology at work Long live the EMPIRE! At least, until MOL buys BA out and then it'll only take five seconds for it all to come undone. At that time you can forget about your score because MOL's democratic system assigns every passenger the same weighting. Nul points.

RTS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.