Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
Three bottles of wine offer

The latest offer.

Thanks, but no thanks BA.

THREE BOTTLES OF WINE

B
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
They still haven't delivered the wine from the last offer!!!!!!
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:10 pm

Do I add £300+ cost on to my ticket in order to get 3 bottles of wine?

Tough one.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by schofs
They still haven't delivered the wine from the last offer!!!!!!
Probably because they were never sent.

schofs Build a bridge.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
I received the email , and here is the result of my attempt to register:

Thank You, Mr Lost Antipod
We are sorry that your pre-registration has been unsuccessful this time. Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer.

Schofs - look on the bright side -at least you were able to register for the last offer ...
Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by LostAntipod
I received the email , and here is the result of my attempt to register:

Thank You, Mr Lost Antipod
We are sorry that your pre-registration has been unsuccessful this time. Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer.

Schofs - look on the bright side -at least you were able to register for the last offer ...
Same here... got the email, tried to register (just for the sake of it), told I'm not eligible

Can't say I'm terribly upset to miss out on this one though....
Old Feb 21, 2007, 3:24 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
I'm not able to register for this one! Maybe I'm now a "troublemaker" because I ask questions when things I pay for don't arrive!
Old Feb 21, 2007, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, BMI Silver
Hmmm, I can't register either.

Also, the email offer mentions Dusseldorf, but the T&C''s don't.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Originally Posted by Cargo Cult
Same here... got the email, tried to register (just for the sake of it), told I'm not eligible

Ditto. Pretty poor. I'd be cross if it was a good offer.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
Ditto - sent the e-mail, and can't register!!
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
I couldn't register either.

Has anyone been able to register? Or are we back to the usual of a promotion being advertised and then not actually working
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Following the line of thinking in The Saint's post above...I am intrigued as to who this campaign is targeted at and what it costs BA to do.

As a personal traveller, the wine wouldnt make me pony-up for a CE fare. As a budget-responsible business traveller, I could not justify choosing CE. (I would do CE if I had no choice than to catch a particular flight, and CE seats were the only ones available. The wine is irrelevant.)

I know there are those whose normal business conduct, expense account, or even their ego means that they would choose CE, and think the wine is a great thing. More power to them. But are these pax going to generate the custom BA is looking for ? Particularly if the thread on CE food is anything to go by ?

Or...are pax numbers on these routes so bad that this is a more desperate situation than we imagine, and this campaign will have more effect than I realise ?

My tuppence - wouldnt the total cost of the wine be better spent making sure the mailouts actually worked ? Or that the seat I picked al OLCI is the seat I actually got? Or that my points turned up on my account without chasing? Or that my flight left on time ? Or ...any little thing that gives me a warm feeling to want to fly again in the reassuringly safe and expensive hands of BA ?

Here endeth the sermon.

PS- Schofs - my wine did turn up last time
Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Following the line of thinking in The Saint's post above...I am intrigued as to who this campaign is targeted at and what it costs BA to do.
I would suspect BAs target audience is

1) People who fly CE but also have a choice of carrier - entice them back to BA

2) Maybe those that fly Y but have the ability to travel CE, the sweetener might just be enough to have them switch class

3) Exec club members who maybe don't fly BA at present, get the mailing and decide to switch carrier.

Personally, I agree with you- much better to use that money fixing some of the other wrongs.

Would anyone here make a point of switching carrier/changing class to get the wine?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.