Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

You know you've been travelling in Y too long when...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You know you've been travelling in Y too long when...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:52 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
When you've done two RTW's, several mediumhaul routes, mucho domestic flying/European on BA/QF/CX etc
Yes, but is is only mid-Feb. Don't worry, keep going like that all year and you will have enough for a decent Amex 241 by November. I can assure you that after the "joy" of 2 Y RTWs a month for several months, you will not want to get on an aircraft on your day off.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
You know.....When Spottie askes the board to help him out with a comparison of the exit row procedures....and you realise you can help.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by spotwelder
Yes, but is is only mid-Feb. Don't worry, keep going like that all year and you will have enough for a decent Amex 241 by November. I can assure you that after the "joy" of 2 Y RTWs a month for several months, you will not want to get on an aircraft on your day off.
I stopped flying longhaul on BA for the reason I stated in June 2005! Im purely a star alliance man when it comes to long haul. Although give me BA over UA anyday!
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:51 pm
uk1
Suspended

When you start to enjoy the taste of cheese.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:26 pm

Programs: *A
When you know you can take advantage of the free booze..... (johnny walker esp!)
Old Feb 21, 2007, 6:13 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
When you know exactly which rows in the a/c have the extra 1" pitch, and if those seats are not available switch flights. The reason you know this is that you have previously sat in every seat on the a/c.

When you take a long haul trip with six transits not for the extra miles but to limit the time spent in any flight to 8 hours.

When you decide not to ask for an on-departure upgrade because you notice from the a/c rego that you have a non-standard config which means your seat already has an extra few inches of pitch. Save that upgrade voucher for another day!
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
When assimilation by the Borg seems preferable

When you wake up in hospital with DVT !
Old Feb 21, 2007, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
When you dream the travel gods have finally seen fit to reach down and pluck you from WT and see you moved to WT+, at least, and then suddenly you wake up to what you hope is a snoring sound. <sigh>

Still saving up for that CW trip...
Old Feb 23, 2007, 2:55 am

Programs: Qantas Frequent Flyer
when you are at home in your own bed and wake your other half to let you out their side for a loo visit.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 3:59 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, QF (currently some base metal), LH, Star Alliance, CSA
Originally Posted by mrpet
when you are at home in your own bed and wake your other half to let you out their side for a loo visit.
Or when you make a special trip into town three days before your flight because you've run out of the aspirin you fondly believe thins your blood enough to allow it to keep flowing unhindered through a completely scrunched up human body.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 6:18 am

Location: Reading, Cambridge & Edinburgh, UK, Sunnyvale, CA and Philadelphia, PA
Programs: Top Gear
Originally Posted by BigVince76
When you permanently have two little dents in your shins from that f!%@&ing foot rest. (I HATE that foot rest, I have spent hours on BA thinking of things I'd like to do with the git that thought that one up.)
^
That, and the hard bar at the top of the seat back pocket which gives you a permanent dent in your kneecap.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS, EK
When you start to enjoy the taste of cheese.
Thats strange as I never had the cheese in the first place?

Not forgetting as you spray the plastic tub of orange juice on you when you peel the top off, then lacerating your lips trying to drink from the stupid thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.