Wiki Posts
Search

MFU question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2006, 10:25 am
Original Poster

MFU question

Hi

My Executive Club account is based in Sweden and I have recently bought a WTP ticket from JFK and back but from the Swedish booking page, does that still go under the rule of not being able to MFU on tickets bought in another country then where the account is based?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Gunnar Haglund
Old Dec 31, 2006, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
If you bought the ticket from within your account - i.e. location set to Sweden - but just with the start location of that booking set to JFK, then it should be OK for MFUs - you bought the ticket 'in' Sweden in that sense. This is how ex-EU MFUs work for UK members, for example.

Out of interest, what was the price quoted in - USD or EUR?
Old Dec 31, 2006, 11:05 am
Original Poster

It was quoted in USD
Old Dec 31, 2006, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Just thought of a new question regarding this.
What happens if I have to change travel dates?
Does that get limited to days with Club avalibility or can I then go back to WTP class?

Best Regards
Gunnar
Old Dec 31, 2006, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I am sure Bukhara can confirm the current rules (I believe they changed recently...again) but I think now on an MFU'd ticket you have the option to change dates per the original ticket conditions (fee/fare difference/etc.) but will only retain the upgrade if there is U class on the new flight too. Otherwise, you're back in WT+. I believe you get the miles back if this is the case, unless it's 24hrs before departure. The old rules at least are linked to here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=52
Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:07 pm
Bukhara

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
I am sure Bukhara can confirm the current rules (I believe they changed recently...again) but I think now on an MFU'd ticket you have the option to change dates per the original ticket conditions (fee/fare difference/etc.) but will only retain the upgrade if there is U class on the new flight too. Otherwise, you're back in WT+. I believe you get the miles back if this is the case, unless it's 24hrs before departure. The old rules at least are linked to here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=52
Correct, and compulsary downgrade if voluntary amendments are made mid-travel.

However, this is very inconsistently applied as even on BA's own internal rules sheets, there are probably 3 slightly differing versions of what rules are correct.

Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your help.

The tickets are for a honeymoon and im considering either trying MFU or staying in a nicer London hotel, have to buy the extra miles unfortiunatly.

I really like WTP and already have lounge access so im not sure if it's worth the extra cost of buying the extra miles I need for Club. We are on one of the morning flights from JFK.

Any recommendation?

I have flown Club World before but my future wife have barely flown at all.

Best Regards
Gunnar

Last edited by ghsweusa; Dec 31, 2006 at 12:51 pm
Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:23 pm

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
An MFU from T to U / Club is probably the best value out there for miles and would really impress I'm sure. Depending on how many of the miles you need to buy, I'd say to go for it.

Oh, and congratualtions on the upcoming nuptuals !

Last edited by Macspreader; Dec 31, 2006 at 3:24 pm Reason: Added congrats
Old Dec 31, 2006, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

I sadly need to buy 20000 miles into each account.
We are on a 747 out from NYC so would be a great start with getting upper deck
on this trip especially as travel will be extreamely limited for awhile after this one.
I have flown WTP a couple of times and have really enjoyed it eachtime,
the decision gets more difficult for me as we already have lounge access but a better seat and better food and being able to get champagne to celebrate with might be worth it this time.

Best Regards
Gunnar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.