Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawes and Curtis Bishopsgate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2006, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Hawes and Curtis Bishopsgate

Any chance that was an FTer buying exactly the same shirt as me with a matching BA Amex PP card this lunchtime - we commented on the coincidence! Or do people other than FTers know about our card?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Au; IHG Pl; Hyatt Au; IC RA; Marriott Pl
Not me.

But I was hiring a dinner suit in Moss Bros Fenchurch Street (less than 200 metres away) with my Amex PP at the same time.

Is that coincident enough for you?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by astralclouds
Is that coincident enough for you?
Not me either - but I was using mine at the same time in Tesco on Bishopsgate for 3.77 worth of munch

I did have a guy in a pub in Guildford once comment on mine after he pulled out his blue one. "But have you got one of theeeeese? " he says, pulling out a blue exec card. I couldn't resist, as a lowly silver.

Old Dec 9, 2006, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC, HH, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by aristoph
Any chance that was an FTer buying exactly the same shirt as me with a matching BA Amex PP card this lunchtime - we commented on the coincidence! Or do people other than FTers know about our card?
I don't know but one of our customers asked to pay us with a credit card this week, and pulled out a BA Amex PP. 'I use this all the time to get the miles' she said. 'You must do a lot of shopping in Tesco', said our Marketing Manager.
At which, she stared at him blankly, as if dealing with an idiot, and changed the subject. So not everyone is on FT.......
Old Dec 9, 2006, 2:53 am

I think in general the BA Amex is getting more comon - I know a couple of family members (who aren't ferverent mile collectors) now have it, and likewise a few friends. It is being heavily promoted through media ads, posters and mailings.

As long as it doesn't lead to another T&C change....
Old Dec 9, 2006, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
As long as it doesn't lead to another T&C change....
Indeed, that would be unfortunate. Imagine, 1 241 only every 2 years.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Any chance that it was a young blonde FTer standing in front of me at SpaceNK on Cheapside with a matching BA Amex PP card about 30 minutes ago?

Because if it was, I'd be happy to offer you my help in making full use of your '2 for 1' voucher
Old Dec 21, 2006, 8:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
Any chance that it was a young blonde FTer standing in front of me at SpaceNK on Cheapside with a matching BA Amex PP card about 30 minutes ago?

Because if it was, I'd be happy to offer you my help in making full use of your '2 for 1' voucher

Nah. That was VC10Boy in drag stocking up on candles and lube for the holidays!
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by krug
Nah. That was VC10Boy in drag stocking up on candles and lube for the holidays!
LMAO!

HMV Moorgate, Curry's Digital Moorgate have both felt the wrath of my BA Amex PP! Drinks anyone?
Old Dec 21, 2006, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I remember a few years ago Tesco had some promotion whereby Laurent Perrier (I think) champagne got a fair old wodge of Clubcard points. Someone who was buying a bottle from a store in the City said the cashier told her she had seen loads of people buying Laurent Perrier champagne, and all with the BA Amex that day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.