Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

WorldPoint booking problems with the HEX -- redux

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FI, AC

I made a booking today for a half price HEX ticket, using 50 WorldPoints and £6.75, charged to the credit card. Throughout the process, the system indicated I'd be charged £6.75.

The email booking confirmation, though, blithely tells me my Visa card will be debited £13.50. A quick check of the WP account, to ensure I'd booked just one ticket, rather than two, showed only 50 points taken from the account.

I even used a friend's PC (rather than my Mac) to book, just in case the new HEX website wasn't Mac-friendly, so am both and

Have emailed WorldPoints and HEX customer services; am curious to see what happens.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
I wouldn't be surprised if you are actually only charged the lower amount. Call your CC company to confirm, they should be able to confirm over the phone immediately.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 4:15 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Same as THIS maybe?

Cheers,
Rick
Old Nov 1, 2006, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You are only charged the lower price, you'll be pleased to hear.

What is the code for this month, by the way?! Don't say you didn't note it down!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Same as THIS maybe?

Cheers,
Rick
Rick - I looked for that thread (honest, guv) but couldn't find it. Rather a case of PWIAS*, I fear.

*posting whilst in a snit
Old Nov 1, 2006, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
What is the code for this month, by the way?! Don't say you didn't note it down!
I did write it down, mostly because I had a vague suspicion that the charge might not go through with the discount (RBC haven't processed it yet, so don't know for sure).

Try WP9631, in any event.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 7:24 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by Trav+
I did write it down, mostly because I had a vague suspicion that the charge might not go through with the discount (RBC haven't processed it yet, so don't know for sure).

looks like you can only purchase 1 audult ticket at a time this month (using the code quoted)

thanks - still valuable though
Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

The outcome....

Got a decent, if cut and paste, email response from WorldPoints - 'there have been some problems with the links from the BAA WP website.....we will continue to work with HEX to resolve the matter...' within 24 hours. Not even a 'we've received your email' response from the HEX customer service crowd.

The credit card statement shows I've been charged £6.75. Which was nice.

So ^ to WorldPoints and to HEX for responses, and for a cheap fare on a v pricey rail journey.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 7:56 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Post Uhm...

Originally Posted by gallagher
looks like you can only purchase 1 audult ticket at a time this month (using the code quoted)

thanks - still valuable though
Believe or not, I used my Worldpoints and I already purchased 3 tickets... since mid October, the code was always the mentioned one and yes, I knew I could 'reused' it but I decided against it.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 1:45 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by Trav+

This code doesn't seem to be valid now(or the HEx website is playing up again) - anyone got a more recent code?

Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:21 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
I confused why one needs a code to make this booking. I thought all you needed was 50 BAA points to travel half price on HEX, no? I intend to use my BAA points for the first time ever come December when I go into London for the day using HEX (spend 100 points for return plus the half price).
Old Nov 13, 2006, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
I confused why one needs a code to make this booking. I thought all you needed was 50 BAA points to travel half price on HEX, no? I intend to use my BAA points for the first time ever come December when I go into London for the day using HEX (spend 100 points for return plus the half price).
When you redeem your 50 WorldPoints, you are linked to the HEx website which automatically fills in a code in the Promo Code box.

If you already know the code, you get the 50% WorldPoints discount without having to spend any points.

However, the code changes on a regular basis ....
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:21 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Removed. PM for details.

Last edited by SchmeckFlyer; Nov 13, 2006 at 10:44 am
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You still need to follow the link for GEx or StEx tickets - no work around for these unless you copy and paste the whole link somewhere.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Could I just remind people that this is a public bulletin board and if loopholes where one is clearly trying to extract something for nothing out the system is published, that same loophole will get closed down rather quickly.

It's one thing doing an ex-EU fare where one is clearly not breaking the rules and using publically available ways of buying cheap fares (LH offers similarly good fare ex-LHR), but doing what some of you suggest above is just being plain silly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.