Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Families first trip with BA a TOTAL disaster

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Families first trip with BA a TOTAL disaster

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2006, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Indeed. Lifting heavy furniture? Cleaning windows? Lifting weights? Sex in a strange position?

There are many ways of injurying your back.

Please feel free to tell me to mind my own business.....

LOL bad back from fitting loft ladder, pulled a muscle or something

and yes routing was MAN-LGW-PRG

sorry was not trying to drip feed

And yes it was a huge pain by all accounts having to put on dirty clothes and smalls, after a very warm cramped flight, then to go to breakfast, then walk round town for 3 hours getting toiletries and clothes and the like. To then come back have a shower and get changed again.

Then the bag doesn't turn up before there cruise on the river starts (6pm the next day) so they had to go wearing the cheap clothes they had bought earlier in the day, there not snobs, nothing flash just be nice to have a shower and put on nice smart clothes to go for dinner and a cruise.

Least they had some clean clothes for this morning and to sit around airports in for 4 hours

BA gives a generous £35 per person to buy clothes and toiletries, I am not sure which century they are in as that would not even buy a pair of jeans and a tshirt, let alone underwear,socks and toiletries. I guess it could pay for cleaning if you stayed in the room naked

And here was me saying to the In-laws you will love Prague and how nice it is, I am told they will be remembering it for BA losing the luggage and the delays, wish I never opened my mouth now

I take it from a few of the comments there are issues with LGW
Old Oct 1, 2006, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by koksy
There have been weather problems in the South of England today delaying flights. Thunderstorms on and off here on the south coast all afternoon and also around LHR. ... The mother of all storms is hitting Brighton at the moment... it looks like the house is going througha car wash looking out of the window! Thunder and lightning and the windows are rattling with the noise!
I did a short flight ex-LGW this evening and we were treated to close eye......g of a lot of the weather, including this exact thunderstorm. Very spectacular from the air. Having seen a lot of what was knocking around the area, both while still on the ground and then from the air, I'm surprised that the posted delays at LGW were as few as they were.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Given your first sentence would that not be Incontinence Airways?
Isn't that who Smirnoff flies with? I believe he's a frequent cra--er.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Arriving at a foreign country ( where you probably do not speak the native language)
Scotland?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 2:32 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Dino:

Two words: Travel Insurance.

Do you have any? You can make a claim through them for a bit more for some decent clothes. Do you have Amex Plat? They allow you to charge (IIRC) up to 400 quid per day while your luggage is lost.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Yes have a free annual policy that come with a bank account and gives a £150 if the bag is delayed by more than 10 hours, so will be claiming on that.

Shame no one pays for all the inconvenience
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Arriving at a foreign country ( where you probably do not speak the native language)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Scotland?

Luton?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Dino2020
Yes have a free annual policy that come with a bank account and gives a £150 if the bag is delayed by more than 10 hours, so will be claiming on that.

Shame no one pays for all the inconvenience
That's paltry! If you pay for the tickets with BA Amex they allow £750 after 6 hours delay and a further £1,000 after 48 hours.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by aristoph
That's paltry! If you pay for the tickets with BA Amex they allow £750 after 6 hours delay and a further £1,000 after 48 hours.
Ms Raffles' greatest wish .... £750 to spend on clothing in one go!
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:00 am

Is that on the blue BA amex too? Wish I had know that when i went to CPT and my bag arrived 24 hours late...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.