Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GATWICK--wait times/lines?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2006, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
FWIW, I had to walk over to North Terminal today (I left my phone on the flight back and they found it and turned it in to lost property!).

Anyway, at 1pm hardly any queues whatsoever on a Wednesday.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Anyway, at 1pm hardly any queues whatsoever on a Wednesday.
Wasn't too bad at 08:00 this morning either - one person in front of me at the F check-in, and about a 5 minute line for security ^

Rant though - why do some of the LGW lines require shoe removal yet others don't???
Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
LGW 5:30 about 20 min wait for Fast (not) Track - not all scanners open - quelle surprise! and most of the morons in front of us seem to be amazed that they had to put their bags on the belt and remove their coats
Old Sep 28, 2006, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Monday evening around 6pm it took just 8 minutes to get through main security and onwards into the lounge. But after the screen in the lounge showed that the flight was "boarding" and I left to go to the gate there was a horrendous queue of at least 120 people trying to get through the second security check at the entry to domestic gates 55-57. There was only one very harrassed security person trying his very best to process PAX for the four BA domestic flights that depart between 6.55 and 7.25pm. At some point there was an announcement asking the remaining passangers wishing to travel to EDI to make their way to the gate as soon as possible, whereupon about thirty people surged forward in unison. Another example of BAA organisation and efficiency at its finest
Old Sep 29, 2006, 5:59 am

LGW is beginning to pee me off - for the third time in a month my flight last night got on stand and there were no steps?!

How complicated can it be for them to work out that an arriving plane needs a way of getting the passengers off....?

Mat
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysTired
How complicated can it be for them to work out that an arriving plane needs a way of getting the passengers off....?
If I can trust my experience it must indeed be very complicated. Ending up on an LHR domestic stand (AY flight from HEL) and then have to wait ages for the bus to arrive. They only have 2.5 hours to anticipate the need for some buses
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by AlwaysTired
LGW is beginning to pee me off - for the third time in a month my flight last night got on stand and there were no steps?!
They must have been in use for my flight which arrived at a jetty that was closed for maintenance .....!!
Old Sep 29, 2006, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by heartybob
They must have been in use for my flight which arrived at a jetty that was closed for maintenance .....!!
Still I chuckled at the two guys who had elbowed their way to the front of the cabin to board first, only to have to stand for 25 mins and then be the last off because the steps went to the back!

Mat
Old Sep 29, 2006, 9:40 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
LGW 5:30 about 20 min wait for Fast (not) Track
Worth remembering that there is no Fast Track at LGW
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by schofs
Worth remembering that there is no Fast Track at LGW
Why is there, as you approach security a sign on the far left mentioning either fast track or business ? I can't remember the exact wording, but it's definately there...or was a month ago when I passed through security.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by latitude
Why is there, as you approach security a sign on the far left mentioning either fast track or business ? I can't remember the exact wording, but it's definately there...or was a month ago when I passed through security.
Because it used to be a 'fast' track (which BAA, as usual, were too useless to properly police and plenty of people who shouldn't have used it were just waved along, *sigh*). Now, however, the airlines are not paying for it any more (because, err, it is not fast and thus offers the premium pax no benefit hence it's not worth paying for) and it's just a normal queue.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Because it used to be a 'fast' track (which BAA, as usual, were too useless to properly police and plenty of people who shouldn't have used it were just waved along, *sigh*). Now, however, the airlines are not paying for it any more (because, err, it is not fast and thus offers the premium pax no benefit hence it's not worth paying for) and it's just a normal queue.
to BAA then. That's bad as the BA N terminal is full of BA flights, and kind of makes sense why I joined the line a while back and it was just as long as the rest !
Old Sep 29, 2006, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Well, as much as a walkabout thru Brighton, Croydon, etc. is appealing, sounds like the weather is going to nix outdoor plans---seeing anything from rain to thunderstorms for the area on Sunday. Gotta' think "indoors" at this point.

Might just grab a taxi to some local pub (depending on what's open on a, uh, Sunday)...or save myself the cash & enjoy the beverage offerings at the BA First Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.