Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

does checked baggage go to final destination?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 7:52 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders

I had heard, in the immediate aftermath of the security tightening, that checked baggage had to be retrieved and rechecked at LHR. Any truth to that rumor ... or are things back to normal? I'm flying SFO-LHR-FCO next month in F.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DavidO
I had heard, in the immediate aftermath of the security tightening, that checked baggage had to be retrieved and rechecked at LHR. Any truth to that rumor ... or are things back to normal? I'm flying SFO-LHR-FCO next month in F.
It was true last week but I don't know if it is still in force.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
I travelled SFO-LHR-MAN on August 12/13 and by checked bag arrived safely and directly at MAN, no need to re check. Just as well as it had my car keys in it.

Chris
Old Aug 18, 2006, 4:34 pm

As far as I knew the transit bags were being tagged and delivered to final destinations. You should be able to retrieve your bag in FCO with no problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.