Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Exec Club/MPC or American Airlines???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
BA Exec Club/MPC or American Airlines???

Im a member of BA Exec Club. I was recently downgraded to silver from gold even though i had 1715 tier points for the last year. I flew cathay throughout last year. What i would like to know is weather Marco polo will be better for me since i fly 4 times a year on cathay(DXB-HKG-LAX-HKG-DXB) and (HKG-CGK-HKG) on business class or should i enroll on American Airlines. Help??????
Also i would like to know how many tier points will i get in 1 of these sectors im flying and how many tier points i need to get diamond???
Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Would this not be better placed on the CX or AA board?
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gametitans
Im a member of BA Exec Club. I was recently downgraded to silver from gold even though i had 1715 tier points for the last year. I flew cathay throughout last year. What i would like to know is weather Marco polo will be better for me since i fly 4 times a year on cathay(DXB-HKG-LAX-HKG-DXB) and (HKG-CGK-HKG) on business class or should i enroll on American Airlines. Help??????
Also i would like to know how many tier points will i get in 1 of these sectors im flying and how many tier points i need to get diamond???
Thanks!
If you can swing 4 tier-point earning BA flights AND use a continental European address, you should be able to get back BA Gold with that amount of flying very easily.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by gametitans
Thanks!
Do you do much BA travelling? Evidently you've done some BA revenue trips in the past or you wouldn't have gold. If your main travels are as described then CX may be the program for you; if you hop back to London on BA once every couple of months then you maybe better off with BA EC for the mileage tier bonus.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
AA possibly has the best programme of all as it offers a 100% bonus on all OW flights. Like all other OW carriers, it also has the four flights rule, however AA tend not to enforce it. You also get eVIPs should you make it up to EXP level.

If it were not for Lifetime Gold on the QF programme, I would have switched over to AA long ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.