Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does gold still mean anything?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2006, 2:35 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Originally Posted by schofs
Try going back in as Gold - in the time it took you to log out and then go through MMB, OLCI may have opened
Thanks but there was 10 hours to go before takeoff. I got there in the end which is what matters.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Resurrecting an old thread - during last night's LIS-LHR flight, CSM came round to all Gold card holders in Y, shook hands, acknowledged status, thanked us for flying BA and offered additional drinks which he duly served from the front bar. Nice touch so Gold sometimes means something.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Grafton001
... during last night's LIS-LHR flight, CSM came round to all Gold card holders in Y, shook hands, acknowledged status, thanked us for flying BA and offered additional drinks which he duly served from the front bar. Nice touch so Gold sometimes means something.
In the last 2 months I have taken 4 AA flights and 20 BA flights. On 3 of the AA flights the head cabin crew member made a point of introducing herself to all the oneworld emerald passengers. Of the 20 BA flights, not once.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
It's strange, I held silver for about 10 months when I first moved over to the UK while I was on my way to earning Gold. In that time I was twice visited personally by the CSM on BA flights. I've not once been visited since attaining Gold. For some reason I thought it would certainly be a regular occurence as a Gold if it happened (if only occassionally) as a Silver.

To be honest, it was a nice touch that made me even more loyal to BA...
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:22 am

It's the unpublished benefits that count I think (discussed many a time in other threads so not repeating them here)
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
In the last 2 months I have taken 4 AA flights and 20 BA flights. On 3 of the AA flights the head cabin crew member made a point of introducing herself to all the oneworld emerald passengers. Of the 20 BA flights, not once.
Had the same experience on a recent TP run....AA seems to be upping their game.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Habemuspapam
Had the same experience on a recent TP run....AA seems to be upping their game.
Agreed, my last AA flights have all had great service. Food was also pretty good. This is all internal, not been TATL with AA for a long while.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Rambuster
600.000 LH status miles in two years for LH HON status works out at about 9.000 - 10.000 TPs in two years on BA's earning structure. (according to my rough estimation). So it is actually quite achievable for frequent flyers.
(Smirnoff et al !)

I could have a LH HON card if I were to give up my BA status but I find it much more useful to have LH SEN and BA Gold. HON is only really useful if your fly mainly LH/LX/OS metal AND are based in/or transit through FRA airport, where the First Class Terminal is located.
Why do you then have the LH Hon on your profile.......
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
I was on that same flight from LIS last night. The CSM came to see me, thanked me for flying BA and shook my hand. Quite embarrassing and OTT.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by mario
I was on that same flight from LIS last night. The CSM came to see me, thanked me for flying BA and shook my hand. Quite embarrassing and OTT.
I've had the personal welcome on my last few flights in BA and was also slightly embarassed as they were short haul flights. It seems more appropriate for long haul (plus possibly mid haul) than for a quick UK domestic. I don't know why it feels that way!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.