Wiki Posts
Search

'Airline' Experience at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:16 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

'Airline' Experience at LHR

I saw one of those exchanges at the T1 domestic fast bag drop today that normally make it onto Airline (the TV show).

As I got there, a woman was in tears, on the verge of breaking down. She was running late, and had rushed over from T4. However, her flight was due to leave from T4 (I didn't catch where she was heading to). She'd tried to check in at T4, but they'd told her that she needed to go to T1. So she wasn't best pleased when she was told she had to go back.

She now didn't have time to get back to T4 before her flight, and the staff at T1 couldn't really do anything to help.

She eventually snatched her bag back off the belt and stormed off with a 'F*ck you all'.
PGberkshire likes this.

Last edited by DYKWIA; Jun 27, 2022 at 6:16 am
Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:30 pm
27R

Programs: Programmes. Please!
Ouch! I hope I'd have been more polite. But all the same, I feel for her - although I hope as an FTer I'd have been sufficiently well informed to tell the T4 staff they were wrong....

But isn't (or wasn't - think it might have been axed?) the show called "Airport"?

And doesn't John Nettles ("Jim Bergerac") do fabulous voiceovers?

What the hell, I'll admit it. I will often watch Airport when I've nothing better to do - on the rare occasions when I can't find a repeat of "Top Gear"......

Last edited by 27R; Jul 15, 2006 at 4:16 pm Reason: inebriated typing
Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:35 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 27R
Ouch! I hope I'd have been more polite. But all the same, I feel for her - although I hope as an FTer I'd have been sufficiently well informed to thell the T4 staff they were wrong....

But isn't (or wasn't - think it might have been axed?) the show called "Airport"?

What the hell, I'll admit it. I will often watch Airport when I've nothing better to do - on the rare occasions when I can't find a repeat of "Top Gear"......
Airline is the Easyjet show, based at Luton and Liverpool. Virtually every show is the same. Someone turns up for a flight one minute after check in has closed (usually an important businessman), and is told they cannot board. A whole DYKWIA? incident then takes place with lots of swearing. They eventually get booked onto a flight the following morning, and spend the next hour trying to get Easyjet to get them a hotel.

The Aiport (Berjerac) show is far more interesting.
RockyRobin and wanderingjock like this.

Last edited by DYKWIA; Jun 27, 2022 at 6:17 am
Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Airline - Easyjet passengers being late for their flights.
Airport - Anita in the Royal Suite preparing for the arrival of the ambassador of Bhutan
Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 27R
There was Airport about Heathrow and there was the ITV programme Airline that did ( after it's 1st series ) Easyjet

Dave
Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Blue.
Airline (the Easyjet one) always seems to show Easyjet in a bad light - I am surprised Stelio lets the cameras anywhere close - then again - any publicity....
Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:54 pm

Poor woman. Don't know who she asked, I found a passenger asking a cleaner for flight information today (not the same one as I was in T1). That can be a problem, pax who are not as savvy often are not actually sure who they spoke with. BA, KLM, VS, a cleaner we all appear the same to some, sadly the qaulity of the response will vary.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 4:14 pm
27R

Programs: Programmes. Please!
I try not to give my custom to commercial television except the final few episodes of the West Wing on More4, of course.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 5:33 pm
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by Fraser
Airport - Anita in the Royal Suite preparing for the arrival of the ambassador of Bhutan
Full marks duly earned for completeness and brevity.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 5:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire), VS Silver, Skywards Blue, UA General, Qantas Bronze.
Originally Posted by 27R
Lisa Tarbuck more recently I believe...

John Nettles (1996-2005)
Liza Tarbuck (2005)

There was a new series broadcast in the first half of 2005, which finished in July 2005. Several episodes were broadcast, before a gap of about a month, then the rest of the series was shown. It is not yet known when another series will be broadcast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airport_(television_show)

Last edited by jakesterUK; Jul 15, 2006 at 5:49 pm Reason: More Information added!
Old Jul 16, 2006, 5:51 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Very accurate indeed...

Airline is repeated on Sky Travel and Sky Travel Extra and ITV at various times. Airport is on UKTV People right now!

SUNDAY 16 JULY
Airline
5:00pm - 5:30pm
Sky Travel

Documentary series following the passengers and staff of budget airline easyJet. The company is floated on the stock market, actress Beverley Callard jets off to the sun, and a passenger in Liverpool blows her top when she misses her flight.

MONDAY 17 JULY
Airline
5:30pm - 6:00pm
ITV1

At Luton, a routine shift on check-in for Giorgie Horton heats up when a group of male strippers arrive en route to Spain. In Newcastle, a passenger annoyed at missing her flight to Paris announces she has a bomb in her bag and ends up in a police cell. And a mother and grandmother are shocked when they are told that two-year-old Ethan's recent birthday means they have to pay for an extra seat.

Looking through the listings there was also a series of Airline that followed Britannia Airways.

MONDAY 17 JULY
Airline
7:30am - 8:00am
Sky Travel

Real-life documentary series following a summer with the passengers and staff of Britannia Airways - the world's biggest charter airline. New recruit Aaron finds his job on the line, Pat Baines deals with a couple who defaced a passport, and the England football team fly back from Italy having just qualified for the World Cup finals.

There are also other "airport" series including "Luton Airport", "Lagos Airport", and "Animal Airport".

Last edited by ian001; Jul 16, 2006 at 6:05 am
Old Jul 16, 2006, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
I remember seeing part of "Lagos Airport" - enjoyed it.
Isn't there also an Airport or Airline USA ?
I'm another one who can't understand why Easyjet continue with Airline - after seeing a few episodes I would never fly with them.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Blue, US, UA, FL, B6
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
Isn't there also an Airport or Airline USA ?
Airline USA was aired on A&E and followed WN (Southwest). In my opinion, it made Southwest look really good.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Flying Club, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred, National Emerald, Dr. Oetker Speciale
Originally Posted by SQFreak
Airline USA was aired on A&E and followed WN (Southwest). In my opinion, it made Southwest look really good.
I think Southwest came out of that really well but Easyjet should seriously rethink their involvement.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Brevity and Wit, no wonder your an FT Evangelist ^

At Christmas I was at LHR with the family, my sister saw Anita and went and got her autograph. She was very friendly, I guess the ambassador was away on business that day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.