Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mr W Walsh

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2006, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR & BAEC Lifetime Gold, VS Red, EK Blue, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriot Silver
Mr W Walsh

Just landed in Madrid and was joined on board by Mr. W. Walsh. Only knew because the cabin crew told the gentleman sitting next to me and I.

I give him credit on this count - CE was full so he was seated in the first row behind in ET- so no one was "bumped" for him.

However, wouldnt it have been worth his while to wander around the aircraft and talk to the passengers and crew a la The Bearded One? Evidently he said nothing to them either?

Just from a PR opportunity its something I would have thought would be at the top of his list of things to do on the plane.

Now the speculation!! Why is he here...whats going on with Iberia? Who is buying who?!?!
Old May 3, 2006, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by JumboJim
I give him credit on this count - CE was full so he was seated in the first row behind in ET- so no one was "bumped" for him.
Good. Maybe he'll see how oppressive and wearing regular work travel in ET has become these days since the race to the bottom with all the cutbacks, and decide to reverse some of them having experienced it for himself? I wish

As for nobody being 'bumped'...unless WW was hovering over OLCI at T-24, I wouldn't be surprised if some poor Gold/Silv got bumped from his nice prime pre-assigned (automatically, not as in the MMB sense) ET A/C seat!

Interesting though - the flight must have been absolutely packed down in ET if they couldn't move the curtain back one row to accommodate even him in CE?

Phil
Old May 3, 2006, 11:35 am

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
Hope he enjoyed his bag of crisps..
Old May 3, 2006, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Did you ask him any questions?
Old May 3, 2006, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR & BAEC Lifetime Gold, VS Red, EK Blue, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by thedavebloke
Did you ask him any questions?
I was very tempted but I wasnt sure how he would react to some bloke breathing alcohol fumes at him! And I wasnt quite sure what to ask. I mean I suppose when's my Premier Card arriving could have been one question?! And why are you serving Blue Top in Club?
Old May 3, 2006, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
I'd throw an egg sandwich personally.
Old May 3, 2006, 1:51 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by LHR Tim
I'd throw an egg sandwich personally.
Assuming you got one on the flight in the first place!
Old May 3, 2006, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Assuming you got one on the flight in the first place!
Although those Jordan's fruit bar things are quite tough. If you threw it hard and the corner caught him on the forehead then it could hurt a little.
Old May 3, 2006, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser
Although those Jordan's fruit bar things are quite tough. If you threw it hard and the corner caught him on the forehead then it could hurt a little.
But don't you think LHR Tim's "rub-face-in-egg-mayo" strategy is, oh, so much more <ahem> refined.
Old May 3, 2006, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
There was a report in the one of the Sunday tabs a few weeks ago that Willie Walsh had taken a flight in World Traveller and had been asking the cabin crew if they knew who their line manager was and other questions.

Hopefully, Willie Walsh may take a greater interest in the detail of BA's day to day operations, and that's no bad thing at all.
Old May 3, 2006, 2:03 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by JumboJim
Now the speculation!! Why is he here...whats going on with Iberia? Who is buying who?!?!
There was some speculation in this thread recently, but I think it came to nothing.

Then again - several reports now. They have the IATA AGM soon, where there will be a Oneworld board meeting the day before.
Old May 3, 2006, 4:39 pm

Location: Reading, Cambridge & Edinburgh, UK, Sunnyvale, CA and Philadelphia, PA
Programs: Top Gear
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Interesting though - the flight must have been absolutely packed down in ET if they couldn't move the curtain back one row to accommodate even him in CE?
Perhaps the whole point was for him to experience ET? A bit like those CSDs who work the odd flight in WT.
Old May 3, 2006, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by timthorn
Perhaps the whole point was for him to experience ET? A bit like those CSDs who work the odd flight in WT.
In which case they should have put him in 26E, between two "choice" companions!
Old May 3, 2006, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
CE was full so he was seated in the first row behind in ET- so no one was "bumped" for him.
Well, maybe he doesn't feel comfortable sitting up front...especially as there is no "up-front" on Aer Lingus
Old May 4, 2006, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold/ Hilton Gold/ SPG Gold/ PriorityClub Platinum /Marriot Gold/ Amex Plat
Was on a flight a couple of months ago to Dublin from LHR with Aer Lingus, we had 1B and 1C and WW was sat in 1D (No BA flights to DUB from LHR). He gets closer to the front with no club which may be why it disappeared for Aer Lingus!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.