Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Morning JFK flight (BA178) - check-in, etc. advice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Morning JFK flight (BA178) - check-in, etc. advice?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2006, 5:34 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Very good report Phil . ^

Such a coincidence as I booked this same flight for July only an hour ago !
This is still time-tabled as the first flight out of JFK in July, although there is one earlier from EWR.

BTW, what does RDUG and FQTV stand for ?

Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:03 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Thanks. I'll definitely try the day flight next time I fly back from JFK.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
No problems swissytrader. RDUG = Redemption Upgrade, i.e. people who have MFUd. I assume FQTV = Frequent Traveller (like I used to see on old paper tickets our TA issued before my FF numbers), but as I said, I couldn't spot any pattern as to why some Blues would have it and other Gold/Silvers wouldn't, unless it was route-specific

Enjoy the flight I think it re-times to after 9am by then perahps, but I'm sure the service, etc. will be similar from other threads I've read.

Phil
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
phil,

thanks for the report - will certainly try the day flight this summer as sounds a most enjoyable and relaxing way to do the return leg.

Originally Posted by G-BOAC

The flight (as others advised in other threads I searched first) was certainly heavier than most I’ve been on - lots of shiny metal dangling around . The manifest in the UD galley I saw whilst having a cuppa had 6 Golds, 1 Silver and 1 MVCC (a MegaBank).
got a question on the MVCC: have seen this a few times when looking at the pax manifest during chats with the crew - unfortunately always when travelling on personal flights rather than business flights. working for a "'we-regard-ourselves-mega'-bank" myself, and was wondering whether it would be a safe option to assume that our corporate travel agent would make sure a similar note is added there ?

have seen myself marked as similar on the Hilton 'manifest' though I don't think that means anything.......
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by chris1979
got a question on the MVCC: have seen this a few times when looking at the pax manifest during chats with the crew - unfortunately always when travelling on personal flights rather than business flights. working for a "'we-regard-ourselves-mega'-bank" myself, and was wondering whether it would be a safe option to assume that our corporate travel agent would make sure a similar note is added there ?
I don't think the TA has any control over adding this...or they all would

BA has its defined list of the 10 (IIRC from this board, but don't quote me on that) MVCCs and I assume some matching is done during bookings at their special negotiated rate/code and/or via some OnBusiness-esque number they have so that it appears on the manifest and to other relevant parts of the chain (e.g. check-in?). Maybe they also flag EC accounts of employees too so they still show MVCC on private trips? Not sure how it works to be honest!

This particular bank would have rhymed with the word (which I have just made up) Parklays

Phil
Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze, PC Platinum Elite Ambassador, Marriot Rewards Gold Elite, Starwood PG, HH
Just found the menu from this flight during a clear out of my rucksack. [edit] The menu this time was:

--==--
BRUNCH
STARTERS
Chilled fruit juice

An energising fruit smoothie

Fresh fruit plate

Smoked salmon with cream cheese

MAIN
Full English brunch of scrambled eggs, grilled fillet steak, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and hash-brown potatoes

Cheese omelette

Spinach and roast garlic tortellini with pomodoro sauce and grated parmesan cheese

Duck confit and foie gras on fresh salad leaves with orange dressing

DESSERT
Key lime pie

Aged Cheddar and Danish blue cheese
--==--
Anyone got the menu for BA0113 LHR/JFK for end of April 06'?
Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I don't think the TA has any control over adding this...or they all would

BA has its defined list of the 10 (IIRC from this board, but don't quote me on that) MVCCs and I assume some matching is done during bookings at their special negotiated rate/code and/or via some OnBusiness-esque number they have so that it appears on the manifest and to other relevant parts of the chain (e.g. check-in?). Maybe they also flag EC accounts of employees too so they still show MVCC on private trips? Not sure how it works to be honest!

This particular bank would have rhymed with the word (which I have just made up) Parklays

Phil
interesting. 10 seems low (but I aint going to quote you) as the manifest I saw had 2 MVCC pax from a German Bank that rhymes with Teutsche Rank - and would surprise me if they made BA's "Top 10". If Parklays was down as a MCVV, then my "we-like-to-regard-ourselves-as-Mega-Bank" employer ought to be down as well.

Might have to check with the CSD on next bus trip or quiz the TA (who have dedicated letter-head etc for booking we make, i.e. I think we are their reason d'etre (ish)).

Last edited by chris1979; Apr 16, 2006 at 3:51 am
Old Apr 15, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by chris1979
interesting. 10 seems low (but I aint going to quote you) as the manifest I saw had 2 MVCC pax from a German Bank that rhymes with Teutsche Rank - and would surprise me if they made BA's "Top 10". If Parklays was down as a MCVV, then my "we-like-to-regard-ourselves-as-Mega-Bank" employeer ought to be down as well.
10 does seem quite low to me. The obvious candidates for MVCCs are the major retail and investment banks, international law firms, Big 4 accountancy firms (one Big 4 firm is said to be the biggest procurer of corporate travel in the world), major management and IT consultancies etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.