Wiki Posts
Search

Free Beer and Wine in WT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold
Free Beer and Wine in WT

I've never flown BA transatlantic before. Do they still offer free beer and wine in World Traveller Economy? I hope there beer selection is better than standard stuff on AA or UA.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:55 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Originally Posted by awcrounse
I've never flown BA transatlantic before. Do they still offer free beer and wine in World Traveller Economy? I hope there beer selection is better than standard stuff on AA or UA.
Yes. Free beer. Free food. Free wine.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Usually Stella or Grolsch in cans as beer. Occasionally Heineken or Carlsberg (depending on the outstation).

Wine - never drink the white but the red is usually either a 187ml bottle of Hardy's or a 187ml of an unknown "Hermitage" of some sort.

Spirits - Gordon's Gin + schweppes tonic is all I've ever drunk. They obviously have Vodka, whisky etc.

All free of course.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, IC Ambassador, Priority Pass
They also have London Pride in cans. Not as good as from the barrel, but still better than the other lager selections.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 3:06 pm

Welcome to the United Kingdom of England
Old Mar 24, 2006, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
I once saw someone with a can of McEwans Export on a BA plane but I think it may have been his own purchase prior to boarding
Old Mar 24, 2006, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA, DL, AA
You are up for a treat... BA is way better than AA and UA... When they ask what would you like to drink... they do not mean... water or coke... it means anything that you want if they have it.. you will get it.... even more wine or beer...
Old Mar 24, 2006, 5:03 pm

Am I right in thinking you can also pay for champagne in Y/W?
Old Mar 24, 2006, 5:13 pm

Before my trip this past fall I was telling my roommate about BA and how they have free drinks (unlimited) in economy to which he couldn't believe it.

It's nice if youre in the back although supposedly it makes jetlag worse...

Vodka was Smirnoff.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Usually Stella or Grolsch
<cough> <cough> <splutter> <wipes diet coke off screen>

I think you mean Stella ^ or Grolsch ^ ^ ^

I mean, it's brewed SHLOOOOORLY in Holland for god's sake!
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
I once saw someone with a can of McEwans Export on a BA plane but I think it may have been his own purchase prior to boarding
I once liberated a couple of cans of Newcastle's finest from the Terraces. Got a bit bored waiting for the bus going out to the remote stand and opened for my own pre-boarding drink

Yay for no open container laws in the UK
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by EMA ON BA
As of late 2003 I seem to recall that they did have a sparkling wine in long-haul coach, French but not champagne. I've completely forgotten the details and I haven't flown BA in coach since then. I had to ask, it was not one of the bottles visibly arrayed on top of the cart.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Fraser
I once liberated a couple of cans of Newcastle's finest from the Terraces. Got a bit bored waiting for the bus going out to the remote stand and opened for my own pre-boarding drink

Yay for no open container laws in the UK
There was no way this guy had been in the terraces, I got the impression they were thinking about refusing him access to the plane in the first place .

I seem to recall seeing this in WT as an option but I'm not sure about now.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by EMA ON BA
GBP5 I seem to remember, not that I have partaken though! I assume for that you get a little mini-bottle (Monopole Blue) rather than a glass...?
Old Mar 25, 2006, 4:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by PhilH
<cough> <cough> <splutter> <wipes diet coke off screen>

I think you mean Stella ^ or Grolsch ^ ^ ^

I mean, it's brewed SHLOOOOORLY in Holland for god's sake!
I'd rather say Stella or Grolsch . Stella has been 'promoted' to a premium brand in the UK, while in Belgium/Holland it is (was?) considered to be just about the worst lager you can get.... The wonders of advertising that is. And Grolsch is indeed brewed in the Netherlands, but unfortunately the stuff brewed there doesn't leave the country (at least not heading for the UK). The Grolsch you get in the UK is brewed in the UK, and there is a difference in taste between the proper (Dutch) and UK brew Ok, at university I passed the Grolsch brewery at Grolsch HQ in the Netherlands every day when cycling from home to uni....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.