Wiki Posts
Search

Will I get the points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Will I get the points

Hi,
Sadly I have not flown with BA for some time and recently got an email to say that they would cancel all my points if I do not do so soon
As luck would have it I had a trip to Toronto coming up and one of my options was out to YYZ with NW then NW YYZ-DTW-LGW and BA J LGW-EDI
I thought this solved my problem but when I look at my booking on BA.com it says points are N/A is this correct?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Norri
Hi,
Sadly I have not flown with BA for some time and recently got an email to say that they would cancel all my points if I do not do so soon
As luck would have it I had a trip to Toronto coming up and one of my options was out to YYZ with NW then NW YYZ-DTW-LGW and BA J LGW-EDI
I thought this solved my problem but when I look at my booking on BA.com it says points are N/A is this correct?
No, you'll be fine so long as you're in time; the BA engine is not clever enough to work out points over multiple carriers in advance.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

^ Thanks, that sets my mind at rest
Old Mar 11, 2006, 3:01 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Do you mean Points or Miles? Miles you can buy on the website and I would strongly recommed you do this to extend you 'life' for another 3 years. You only need to buy the 1000 minimum. Then you don't need to worry about flights.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Do you mean Points or Miles? Miles you can buy on the website and I would strongly recommed you do this to extend you 'life' for another 3 years. You only need to buy the 1000 minimum. Then you don't need to worry about flights.
But I am flying,I assume I will accrue points & miles on my flight and not need to buy anything
Old Mar 11, 2006, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

If you are flying BA J LGW-EDI ( close to full fare but it is all one cabin on uk domestic flights) then you will get 20 tier points and 500 miles ( plus any silver/gold card bonus) and your miles will be good for a further 36 months)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
You will not earn any BA miles or points by flying NW YYZ-DTW-LGW.

Do you know wha the fare code is for BA J LGW-EDI. If you buy a discounted economy ticket, you will not ear any BA miles or points. If you bought a full fare ticket then you will earn BA miles and points.

Unlike many US airlines, BA does not offer miles/points on all tickets types. As previously pointed out, all the ticket types sit in the same cabin and side by side and have not priority in terms of which seats they can sit in.

However, if you have the term "UK Business" on your boarding pass, you will not only earn miles and points but have access to the BA lounge even if you have no status with BA.

If you are unsure about your ticket type, I would suggest you purchase few points direct from BA, or hire a car from Avis in EDI and give you BAEC number (provided you do not ask for a corporate rate for car hire).
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by KenJohn
You will not earn any BA miles or points by flying NW YYZ-DTW-LGW.
True.

Originally Posted by KenJohn
Do you know wha the fare code is for BA J LGW-EDI. If you buy a discounted economy ticket, you will not ear any BA miles or points. If you bought a full fare ticket then you will earn BA miles and points.

Unlike many US airlines, BA does not offer miles/points on all tickets types.
Not true. If it's booked in a 'Business UK' class (e.g. J/Y at the fully flex end) then you get 500 miles minimum (+ any BA status bonus) and 20 TPs. All other fare buckets (except awards) earn 25% miles (subject to 25% of the 500 minimum on short routes, i.e. 125 miles) but no TPs - BA does offer miles on all paid fares, just not 100% on the cheaper ones.

For the OP just looking to keep an account alive, even a cheapo LGW-EDI Domestic would do it in a paid class. However, it's so cheap to buy 1000 miles I wouldn't even risk waiting - buy 1000 now and it'll re-activate the account for another 3 years anyway.

Phil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.