Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ever wondered what happened to old Molton Brown amenity bags?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2005, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Talking Ever wondered what happened to old Molton Brown amenity bags?

Just watching some daytime TV on BBC America and they happened to advertise some Button fastener thing. Then came the....

But wait there's more! Comes with a free travel case...and there it was complete with silver BA speedmarque, one of those old Molton Brown case things! Appareently that had $30 value @:-)

Go to www.buybuttoneer.com and watch infomercial to 1min 8secs to see what I mean
Old Oct 13, 2005, 4:30 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
From what epoque are the MB amenity bags that are brown with the MB logo all over? I have a bunch of those, and they are extremely useful and seemingly durable (much more so than the current offerings). I don't remember, as I believe it was from the days when I barely paid attention to if I was in first or steerage.

I have one for all my iPod essentials.
Another holds all my digital camera items and cords.
Another serves as my on amenity case I take on flights and weekend trips.
A few others for various miscellaneous things, including storing receipts.

My most useful and trusted amenity bag is an old F variety, when BA still had the old livery. At least, it has the old crest, and is all dark blue. Very durable. My current F bags (inherited, not actually from flying) are beginning to show their age, while this old F dinosaur serves double duty, acting as the perfect size for all laptop accesories, or a larger toilettrey (sp?) bag. I have even put it through the wash when it was looking scruffy, and it looks great still.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 7:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FI, AC
The brown MB logo-ed amenity bags are from the mid 1990s, I think. A nice little kit overall. The blue bags are nice, but if they get wet, the blue bleeds into the white lining - not very attractive.
Both are very popular on eBay and can go for surprisingly large amounts.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.