500 BA Miles for adding partner to BA Amex

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
500 BA Miles for adding partner to BA Amex

This was in the small print of my Amex statement this month.

500 bonus BA Miles for every additional cardholder you add to your BA Amex card. This is free, I think, so in theory its 500 miles for nothing as you long as you discount the risk of your partner spending your money!

Go to www.americanexpress.co.uk/badditional although the offer does not seem to be mentioned on line.

There are also five vouchers with your statement this month offering you a paltry 1,000 BA Miles for up to five people you refer to the BA Amex card. This seems exceptionally tight, to be honest, given that you are saving Amex their entire marketing bill and they are getting a fee from the new cardholder.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:30 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by RJB
There are also five vouchers with your statement this month offering you a paltry 1,000 BA Miles for up to five people you refer to the BA Amex card. This seems exceptionally tight, to be honest, given that you are saving Amex their entire marketing bill and they are getting a fee from the new cardholder.
Even so, it's a flawed idea. You have to fill out your own credit card number on the referral voucher. Somewhat of a security risk, surely? Why didn't they just print some number on them by which you can be traced as the referrer, but without having to advertise your c/c number?
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:37 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
And it would be a bit mean to deny them the 5k bonus.

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/br...ITY_webmessage
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
According to http://www.americanexpress.co.uk/baoffers they have reduced the spend to get a 241 on the premium card to £15000 so same as Premium Plus. However the link doesn't work (www.americanexpress.co.uk/companionticket.) so I can't read the Ts&Cs.

Not really sure whether this makes it more attractive or not. Obviously the annual fee is only £60 but most people seem to have an Amex Blue that reduces the fee anyway and you earn .25 miles less for every £ spent.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by althepeoplespal
According to http://www.americanexpress.co.uk/baoffers they have reduced the spend to get a 241 on the premium card to £15000 so same as Premium Plus. However the link doesn't work (www.americanexpress.co.uk/companionticket.) so I can't read the Ts&Cs.

Not really sure whether this makes it more attractive or not. Obviously the annual fee is only £60 but most people seem to have an Amex Blue that reduces the fee anyway and you earn .25 miles less for every £ spent.
But oddly THIS table has not been changed: http://www.americanexpress.com/pes/u...mpare_ba.shtml

Anyone know if the spend target on the basic card has been changed?

This seems to be odd commercial logic, since anyone who was struggling to hit £17.5k would surely have paid the £120 to upgrade to the P+ card? This will just deprive Amex of fees.

And, assuming 2.5% compounded inflation, the spend target is already around 13% easier to hit than it was five years ago when the card launched. I expected the target to be increased, to be honest.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:59 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Oddly, that page is somewhat dated. The copyright date at the bottom is 2004, and it also includes this Bose offer:
Bose QuietComfort® 2 headphones let you electronically hush the world around you. They are available to British Airways American Express Cardmembers until 30/09/04
Old Oct 5, 2005, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ropmot141
Oddly, that page is somewhat dated. The copyright date at the bottom is 2004, and it also includes this Bose offer:
However it clearly has been updated recently as it has a *wood offer for Oct & Nov 2005.

Also, I'm almost certain that they used to have an Interflora bonus miles section.

It seems they add and delete sections but never modify existing ones.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 5:16 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
However it clearly has been updated recently as it has a *wood offer for Oct & Nov 2005.

Also, I'm almost certain that they used to have an Interflora bonus miles section.

It seems they add and delete sections but never modify existing ones.
But the *wood offer, when you click through and check the Ts & Cs, expires 30 September . Something of a bugger, as I was wanting to book a stay at the WAW Sheraton for later this month

[Although to be fair, this appears to be *wood's cock-up, as the frontpage of the promo talks of it running October-November]
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Originally Posted by RJB
This was in the small print of my Amex statement this month.

500 bonus BA Miles for every additional cardholder you add to your BA Amex card. This is free, I think, so in theory its 500 miles for nothing as you long as you discount the risk of your partner spending your money!

Go to www.americanexpress.co.uk/badditional although the offer does not seem to be mentioned on line.

plus another 500 the first time the new cardholder makes a purchase!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.