Wiki Posts
Search

Nice FT Do: Sat 12th Nov

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2005, 5:15 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Thanks RJB ^
Old Oct 6, 2005, 1:15 am

Crikey! I had a feeling this idea would, err, 'fly', and I wasn't wrong. Didn't check this thread for a while and I am delighted with the response!

Amazingly there are still 6 cheap seats bookable on BA.com, so they must have a 'dynamic' curtain

I am sure this trip will prove a success; what better than a 'do' that includes lounges, flying club and european sightseeing/drinking/eating - with tier points and miles to boot eh?! And all for the princely sum of £144 ^

I look forward to seeing you all on the 12th November

Last edited by Pyeinthesky; Oct 6, 2005 at 1:21 am
Old Oct 6, 2005, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
A quick reminder, as GregM noticed and posted in another thread, the £144 offer ends today, so anyone else wanting to come along has until midnight to book!
Old Oct 6, 2005, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Leaving aside the CE cabin fun, it's given some interesting insight into how revenue management works!
Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Leaving aside the CE cabin fun, it's given some interesting insight into how revenue management works!
Quite. Anyone have an update on the current position of the curtain?

I hope they have enough mint/white headrest covers......
Old Oct 6, 2005, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Yes! One of the things which this has confirmed for me (something similar, but smaller-scale, having happened to me on another set of bookings earlier this year) is that yield management is very responsive to this sort of thing, literally acting overnight. Very good - but then of course it comes as no surprise, given that good yield management seems to be a large part of BA's commercial success.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Yes! One of the things which this has confirmed for me (something similar, but smaller-scale, having happened to me on another set of bookings earlier this year) is that yield management is very responsive to this sort of thing, literally acting overnight. Very good - but then of course it comes as no surprise, given that good yield management seems to be a large part of BA's commercial success.
Maybe I and (Pyeinthesky) should be on commision for all the extra revenue generated through all the extra bookings on that one flight!
Old Oct 6, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Let's hope there won't be anything fishy to report on your flight
Old Oct 6, 2005, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by flyclub
Quite. Anyone have an update on the current position of the curtain?

I hope they have enough mint/white headrest covers......
Can't help you with the precise position of the curtain - expertflyer is refusing to show the seat map on outbound presently - but the current state of availability is

Outbound J8 C7 D6 I6 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 R9 V0 N0 L9 S9 Q9 O9
Inbound J9 C9 D9 I9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 R9 V9 N9 L9 S9 Q9 O9

Interestingly, despite all the bookings on the return journey, the availability has not changed at all. Outbound was up and down like the Syrian empire.

On the inbound, I can see that apart from 3 of you (who probably had no choice) eveyone has chosen the A and C seats. There are 6 rows of club on the AC side and 7 on the DEF side.

Is that enough info?
Old Oct 6, 2005, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Saint
Can't help you with the precise position of the curtain - expertflyer is refusing to show the seat map on outbound presently - but the current state of availability is

Outbound J8 C7 D6 I6 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 R9 V0 N0 L9 S9 Q9 O9
Inbound J9 C9 D9 I9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 R9 V9 N9 L9 S9 Q9 O9

Interestingly, despite all the bookings on the return journey, the availability has not changed at all. Outbound was up and down like the Syrian empire.

On the inbound, I can see that apart from 3 of you (who probably had no choice) eveyone has chosen the A and C seats. There are 6 rows of club on the AC side and 7 on the DEF side.

Is that enough info?
Great thanks!

However only 3 hours or so for those who are interested last minute before the flight goes up £100.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 1:36 pm

Yes, indeed.

Hurry now, save £££s
Old Oct 6, 2005, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Nice FT Do: Sat 12th Nov

I'm a newbie and a bit of lurker so pls excuse me, but I've taken the plunge and booked this for a shade under £145. Of course no decent seats left but hey it's only 2 hrs. I'm just a silver so if someone feels so inclined to 'invite' me to join them in the F lounge I would be ever so grateful. I work in the wine trade and so could really bore everyone to tears about champagne. See you all soon.

W.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by woodiee
I'm a newbie and a bit of lurker so pls excuse me, but I've taken the plunge and booked this for a shade under £145. Of course no decent seats left but hey it's only 2 hrs. I'm just a silver so if someone feels so inclined to 'invite' me to join them in the F lounge I would be ever so grateful. I work in the wine trade and so could really bore everyone to tears about champagne. See you all soon.

W.
Wine eh? Sounds fascinating - something I have become more interested in recently (I blame trips in FIRST!)

There are quite a few Gold's to go around, I don't envisage any problems!

Welcome aboard - glad you could make it in this, the 11th hour!

I'll add you to the list! ^
Old Oct 7, 2005, 1:08 am

Just checked and, interestingly, the price has only gone up £40 to £184. Still a pretty good deal ^
Old Oct 7, 2005, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
Just checked and, interestingly, the price has only gone up £40 to £184. Still a pretty good deal ^
That's because it hasn't been completely withdrawn, only repriced:-
British Airways GBP 141.72+ ICLUBAN

EFF/EXP

TICKET MAY BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 7OCT05 AND MUST BE ISSUED BY 21OCT05. THE FIRST DATE THAT TRAVEL MAY COMMENCE IS 12NOV05 AND THE LAST DATE IS 15DEC05.
NAP is GBP 154.51+
MRS is GBP 95.90+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.