Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA seat shifters

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 3:53 am
Suspended

I have to say that I think Bukhara's explanation is fairly reasonable. Having worked in a call centre myself in the past I can appreciate the difficulty of trying to fit a quart into a pint pot. I think the best advice when dealing with unresponsive staff is, as ever, hang up and dial again.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 4:37 am
Bukhara

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Speaking to a supervisor may not be a God-given right, yet your post goes on to suggest that you're willing to play God in such a situation. The fact that your also prepared to defer to the wishes of a Gold cardholder over any other customer is a disgrace and says much about the rot which has set in at BA.
Good heavens. Yes, I make a personal judgment. If that's a hanging offence then I'm guilty as charged. I didn't realise I was so symbolic, though.

Old Jun 20, 2006, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Discovered one yesterday. Three of us on a Comair flight, on two PNRs. The aircraft has changed so the first row of Y is now 5 not 4. So the seat shifters helpfully moved us from 4ABC to 5A and 5DE. It was a very sweet thing for them to do, with 5BC and 5F all empty, but they must have missed the TCP note!
Old Jun 20, 2006, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
This thread prompted me to check my award booking over this coming xmas.

I have two PNR's (linked) one for mr & mrs latitude, and the other for 2 x latitude juniors.

Originally we were on a 777 and in J, 4 middle seats.

Check today, and the plane has changed to a 747, myself and mrs l moved upstairs, but the kids left downstairs

Where is the logic in that Unless BA have decided to allow my wife and I to get blind drunk upstairs whilst they have someone look after my kids downstairs

I think not.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by latitude
Check today, and the plane has changed to a 747, myself and mrs l moved upstairs, but the kids left downstairs
This really is a classic. If bealine is right and the days are numbered for this department I think they really only have themselves to blame.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume you received an email advising you of Changes Made to Your Booking.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
I assume you received an email advising you of Changes Made to Your Booking.
About as much chance of that as BA removing their offline booking fee

I managed to move the juniors upstairs, however they are still sat "on their own" as such.

I've popped off an email to BA asking if we can have a row of 4 on the upper deck. Will be interesting to see the response..bets are on:

(1) Standard response regarding seat requests, with a blah, blah blah and completely ignoring my question

(2) Alternate standard email regarding seat requests, saying pre-allocation limit reached, try at OLCI (of course this is if OLCI is working for kids by the end of the year )

(3) Top quality service and my wish granted, a response within 24hrs, my seats locked, and none of use moved again. Period.

Originally Posted by Aristoph
This really is a classic. If bealine is right and the days are numbered for this department I think they really only have themselves to blame.
If this is just one example, and there are many more in this thread, it'll bring chaos MMB and I would fully expect the exec club lines to be busy with people complaining, people worried and parents who have lost their kids/wondering if they have been "loaned" a BA nanny for the trip
Old Jun 20, 2006, 5:06 am

You need to add:

(4) No response

That is what I would bet on.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kibison
You need to add:

(4) No response

That is what I would bet on.
or:

(5) Moved, without warning, to separate middle seats on the LD
Old Jun 20, 2006, 6:42 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
or:

(5) Moved, without warning, to separate middle seats on the LD
In my experience, it will be:

(6) You hear nothing, so you phone the EC to enquire. They check your booking, and advise that the comment from Seating Control was "no". No further details available.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 7:54 am

It's not looking good ... I now see more negative options appearing, what happened to the glass is half full, not half empty

So - I checked again on MMB, some seats appeared opposite myself and wifey for the kids, so have moved them there. On the outbound they are still on a separate set of seats, and being blue's there is no other availibility (although I see lots).

Have requested row 62 or 64 - maybe I'm asking for too much and am being punished

(sods law is we'll get to the airport, after failing to OLCI as it's STILL not been fixed for children and we'll find the kids have been u/g to F )
Old Jun 20, 2006, 9:30 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Have requested row 62 or 64 - maybe I'm asking for too much and am being punished
64A is a bassinette position, so you won't get that until late in the game (but neither should anyone else). 62AK are exit row seats, so you won't get them either with children in the PNR. 63JK & 64JK are a very suitable block for a family of four, but you won't get those either as 63J is also an exit row seat.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by SLF
64A is a bassinette position, so you won't get that until late in the game (but neither should anyone else). 62AK are exit row seats, so you won't get them either with children in the PNR. 63JK & 64JK are a very suitable block for a family of four, but you won't get those either as 63J is also an exit row seat.
Ahhh bugger...all good points, which I forgot, having children in tow, apply. Too used to travelling on my jack jones

So I'm looking at rows 60 or 61.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:48 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Well, if VS staff give out their full names in the Premier Team then I don't see why BA cannot? The duty manager said it's the agent's choice. Anyway rant over. My letter appeared to work and they have fixed the inbound of our Malpensa flight back to 2A,2C and our Dubai problem is now solved. They've given us 14JK and 15JK so I'm now not so disappointed with them!!

Regards,

tom139
Old Jun 21, 2006, 3:27 am

Ahhh bugger...all good points, which I forgot, having children in tow, apply. Too used to travelling on my jack jones

So I'm looking at rows 60 or 61.
Well a response was in my inbox from BA this morning - ^ for a swift response.

on the content of the response. Was basically (1) on my list, asking me to call "my dedicated Tier Line on 0800 xxx xxx and an agent will assist me"

Why, o why, do simple requests get ignored and things become so complicated. I shall call BA later and see if I get a better response from a human

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.