Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Getting the most from FIRST, CDG - LHR - YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2005, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

We're on a 9:40 AM from CDG > LHR 10:05, then leaving LHR at 11:55 for YYZ.

We arrive and depart from T4 at Heathrow. Any suggestions on how to spend the small amount of time at T4? I believe Molton Brown is closed at noon in T4, but open later in T1 - could we visit it in T1?

Thanks!

Last edited by sfcaFLYER; Aug 26, 2005 at 1:43 pm
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Sorry, you're going to miss out this time The MB Spas in the airside lounges don't close at noon (you're thinking of the MB Spas in the Arrivals lounges) but it takes an hour or more normally go get an appointment, especially in T4 where there's so many longhauls. By the time you've landed from CDG and done the usual T4 'dance' (taxied, waited for a gate, maybe been bussed in , etc.) and disembarked then connected back in to the main T4 airside, I doubt you'll have much time left at all.

My advice would be to head to the Lounge Pavilion complex (by Gate 10) for the Concorde lounge, grab some champagne and then it'll soon be time to catch the flight to YYZ. If you're feeling like you need a shower or a freshen up, hurry off the CDG flight and head to the same Lounge Pavilion and you should be able to get a shower in the Spa pretty quickly (they are separate/distinct from the treatments) then get your YYZ flight.

Either way, enjoy what little time you have for the Concorde Room/shower and have a great trip (hopefully with full catering and service!).

Phil
PS If you are in good time, it is of course worth asking about a Spa treatment in case you're lucky - but my advice is don't set your heart on it.
PPS Just for completeness There is a BAA (i.e. the UK airport operator, not BA itself) rule which says you're only meant to use the lounge in your terminal of departure. Even if you wanted to, you wouldn't be able to use the T1 lounge on a T4 flight.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
And here is a good thread about getting the most from First

Have a good trip
Old Aug 26, 2005, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Lots of good info in the thread Fraser linked. I'll assume you don't fly F a lot and that the trip is a treat (possibly an award) given you asked the question.

1) I would take the first flight from CDG at 7.40am. Your current itinerary sounds a bit rushed and IMO you should get a treatment at the MB Spa and have a drink or two the Concorde Room to relax before the YYZ flight. 3 hours at LHR would be better IMO.

2) Don't expect too much from the flight. It's a daytime flight so food, drink and IFE are key and BA F, as lauded as it is on FT, is simply not as good as it should be. From personal experience it lags well behind e.g. Lan Chile in this regard. Also crews can be inconsistent on BA. I'm not saying you won't have a lovely flight just saying it may be better to temper your expectations.

3) If you're also returning on BA I'd give the full English breakfast onboard a miss and instead have it at the arrivals lounge. Much better IME.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Dupe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.