Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Catering problems update thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2005, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Catering problems update thread

Flying out to JFK tomorrow in J. Any catering in J or F? I would hope they do something as isn't JFK-LHR one of there biggest (and most profitable corp. contract routes)?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 3:59 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
See this thread for many comments (seemingly most up-to-date) on the situation. In short: expect nothing.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I refer the honourable gentleman to the answers we gave a few minutes ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463875

No food, no booze, no compensation (probably).
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:01 am

Why do people keep asking this same question but for a different route? Maybe we should have a sticky - Nothing! Nada! Niente!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:02 am
Original Poster

That is really too bad. What is even worse is that I have to look here for information because the BA website doesn't seem to really give any updates on it and says that flights are leaving on schedule. As far as I am concerned they should put up a splash page on their site giving a full update on the situation.

Good thing they are reviewing their advertising agency account this year. They're sure going to need one hell of a new campaign!

Sorry for posing the same question as everyone else but I figured the JFK-LHR route (ex concorde route) would be a bit more important and they would want to get it back to normally as quickly as possible given the high freq. of top paying customers.

Last edited by CityFlyerNYC; Aug 18, 2005 at 4:05 am
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:04 am

If you have a flexible J ticket cancel now and get yourself on VS.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:05 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Yesterday I was re:my F honeymoon next Sunday, now clarifying the exact route I'm flying here makes me , and to top it off - my remaining balance of 150k miles are being substantially de-valued by BA's bribe to everyone else.

The Easycruise MR was quite funny though.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CityFlyerNYC
Flying out to JFK tomorrow in J. Any catering in J or F? I would hope they do something as isn't JFK-LHR one of there biggest (and most profitable corp. contract routes)?
Not on flight 177 are you? If so, I'm the one upstairs surrounded with Pret-a-Manger sushi and sandwiches and salads. Yum.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tristan727
Yesterday I was re:my F honeymoon next Sunday, now clarifying the exact route I'm flying here makes me , and to top it off - my remaining balance of 150k miles are being substantially de-valued by BA's bribe to everyone else.
Double Miles for anyone whose name begins with "T". And if you don't have 2 vowels in your first name, you can only redeem you miles to Tirana, and only on a Wednesday.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:18 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
that might make me feel a bit more like luck was running my way.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tristan727
that might make me feel a bit more like luck was running my way.
unless you had a burning desire to visit Albania.... on a Wednesday
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by CityFlyerNYC
What is even worse is that I have to look here for information because the BA website doesn't seem to really give any updates on it and says that flights are leaving on schedule. As far as I am concerned they should put up a splash page on their site giving a full update on the situation.
Sorry for posing the same question as everyone else but I figured the JFK-LHR route (ex concorde route) would be a bit more important and they would want to get it back to normally as quickly as possible given the high freq. of top paying customers.
The BA homepage has a big red splash across the top saying "News: Catering update for Heathrow".

Clicking it takes you to an announcement that says:-
Catering Update
Due to the current industrial action at Gate Gourmet we are still unable to provide full catering onboard our aircraft.

Longhaul flights do have a limited service onboard which consists of snacks and drinks. In addition, for all our flights, arrangements have been made for some catering to be provided at the airport prior to departure.
I'm really not sure how much more you need.

The fact that JFK is a top route really doesn't help anything "get back to normal" if nothing is going anywhere in that direction, which is unfortunately the position at the moment. It's not as if catering is returning to some flights but not others.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:26 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by simon_n10
Not on flight 177 are you? If so, I'm the one upstairs surrounded with Pret-a-Manger sushi and sandwiches and salads. Yum.
LOL ... I must admit, Pret makes a couple of very, VERY good sandwiches ^ ... Enjoy your meal simon_n10. What will you be drinking to wash all that food down ???
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:30 am

Programs: heaps...
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
What will you be drinking to wash all that food down ???
pret-a-manger tax free
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
What will you be drinking to wash all that food down ???
Whatever can be "borrowed" from the Lounge. Thinking of bringing a cooler bag specially.

Anyone know whether it is easier to grab bottle(s) and inadvertantly put them into ones cooler bag in the Terraces or F Lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.