Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track LHR Transfers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I do it all the time (travelling as an American). At most they ask me how long. I say "in transit" but it's faster to transfer terminals often times than waiting in the long line at Flight Transfers. They stamp my passport and occassionally hand write-in IT on the corner of the stamp. When I have a boarding pass for my onward flight, I show it to them; when I don't, I show them a printout of my itinerary. It's never been an issue. And in any even, what are they going to do? Send you back to flight transfers?
I think Rhys UK was inquiring about a domestic-to-domestic transfer, so passports should be irrelevant. While I'm not familiar with BA's T1 domestic facilities (and thus am probably not qualified to even respond...) I can't imagine there's anything preventing you from leaving the terminal upon arrival of the first flight. And how would they stop you from clearing security for your outbound flight? You already have a BP (even if you didn't you could get one at the check-in counter), and security won't even know you came in on a connecting flight (unless of course the 2nd BP somehow indicates that).
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:09 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I think Rhys UK was inquiring about a domestic-to-domestic transfer, so passports should be irrelevant.
I'm trying to imagine, given the geography of the UK and the location of LHR, where I would need a dom-dom transfer at LHR. And i still can't come up with any reasonable routings that will require this...

Most of the remote Scottish islands/airports would require a connection at EDI/GLA/MAN to come down to LON.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold; AF/KL FB Gold; LX FTL; PC Plat/Amb; SPG Gold; HH Gold; Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by AJLondon
I'm trying to imagine, given the geography of the UK and the location of LHR, where I would need a dom-dom transfer at LHR. And i still can't come up with any reasonable routings that will require this...

Most of the remote Scottish islands/airports would require a connection at EDI/GLA/MAN to come down to LON.
What about the Channel Islands?
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:38 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by HugoCH
What about the Channel Islands?
Don't the BA flights to Jersey leave from LGW and not LHR?
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I think Rhys UK was inquiring about a domestic-to-domestic transfer, so passports should be irrelevant. While I'm not familiar with BA's T1 domestic facilities (and thus am probably not qualified to even respond...) I can't imagine there's anything preventing you from leaving the terminal upon arrival of the first flight.
Terminal 1 is also used for arrivals from Schengen countries, and those persons with a Schengen visa (or visa waiver) should techinically have to clear immigration into the UK even when/if immigration checks were not to apply to certain EU & UK nationals.

If I am reading one of my passport's smeared stamps correctly, I did certainly clear UK immigration in 2004 upon arriving into T1 from a Schengen (EU) country and going landside at LHR. I am sure I did not volunteer to get another stamp in my passport.

And how would they stop you from clearing security for your outbound flight? You already have a BP (even if you didn't you could get one at the check-in counter), and security won't even know you came in on a connecting flight (unless of course the 2nd BP somehow indicates that).
That's why I was .... because HRM's immigration will generally not do much other than to deny you entry and tell you to go fly onwards (even if they intend to deny you).

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 8, 2005 at 12:00 pm
Old Mar 8, 2005, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Forgive my ignorance, but will they issue you with some sort of pass on your inbound flight? Or a sticker on boarding pass? Or will they place trust in the BAA employees to look for J/F on the boarding pass?

I have never been able to use fast track before as I am always connecting from T4 to T1 domestic so this is very welcome news!! Queues at connection centre can be hellish at 8am in the summer...
Old Mar 8, 2005, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Does this mean that we'll be able to used Fast Track for the following:
BA 282 LAX-LHR T-1 in WT+
transferring to BA 316 to CDG ?
Isn't WT+ considered a premium class?
Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2005, 4:04 pm

Programs: British Airways, Cathay Pacific
Originally Posted by daph
Does this mean that we'll be able to used Fast Track for the following:
BA 282 LAX-LHR T-1 in WT+
transferring to BA 316 to CDG ?
Isn't WT+ considered a premium class?
Thanks!
Unforunately it's only FIRST/Club World/Club Europe passengers that will be allowed to use Fast Track.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.