Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Bank BA Visa card and missing EC#

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2005, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Royal Bank BA Visa card and missing EC#

Last December I applied for and received a Royal Bank of Canada British Airways Visa card. When I received said card in the mail there was no mention of my Executive Club number in the included literature. So I rang up RBC in early January they said that there was no way to access the EC number until after the first Visa billing statement had gone through. So I rang RBC about a week ago to request the EC# because I had paid my first billing statement at the end of January. The CSR I spoke with then said there was no way to access number. What gives? Wouldn’t you think that RBC would be able to get my number now because they would need to know where to deposit my miles on my Visa purchases.

I have received my PIN in the mail a week ago from BA, but still no EC#. So I thought I would try the EC phone number in hopes of getting somewhere with them. Unfortunately, they couldn’t find my number after I gave them my name and address.

I have a flight booked for March 20th in WT+ and would like to add the EC# to this e-ticket.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what I should do next?

Thanks.

Richard
Old Feb 13, 2005, 10:42 am

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator, KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Bronze
In your case I would probably forget about the EC account that your RBC application should have triggered. Why not join the EC now, and then provide this new BAEC# to RBC so they can post the miles to the new account retroactively? Ensure that the double miles for any BA purchases post correctly.

This may be easier than searching for an original EC account that may or may not have been set up. In my experience, these two organisations don't really communicate very well.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.