Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Green Visa Waiver Slips - in for trouble???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Green Visa Waiver Slips - in for trouble???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2005, 5:58 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
although they are now introducing a formal exit procedure for all aliens. Mrs Mac departed O'Hare last month, and was 'checked out' by an INS official with a handheld terminal at the gate, who recorded her passport number and flight details.
I, on the other hand, departed via DFW (needed the extra few miles to keep AA Plat) and there was no exit procedure.
I would imagine that it will be 'rolled out' to all major airports in the near future, thereby keeping accurate tabs on all the holidaymakers who use them (and still allowing the world and his uncle to wander in and out over the thousands of miles of unchecked common borders between the US and Canada/Mexico)
Old Jan 7, 2005, 7:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
I have often found that you have to remind AAgents to remove the slip.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Turquoise - regular user of N class fares!
Don't assume that BA would have been more reliable than VS at taking the slip out - twice in the last year they've forgotten to remove mine at BOS when I've been leaving.

On the first occasion, I only realised once I landed at LHR and the ground staff said they would return the green slip on the return flight to BOS that afternoon - they must have done it as I had no problems the next time I arrived in the USA.

However, last time I had to send copies of bank statements, payroll slips and visa bills to prove I was back in the UK as I had lost the boarding passes. Bit of a pain in the bum. I must say, though, that I once overstayed a visa by 3 days and they never blinked an eyelid. I've had two more since.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Thank you!

Just a quick note to thank everyone for their advice and opinions...

...have got here ok and didn't get sent to secondary interrogation . Did get a firm wrist slapping from INS agent at the immigration desk: just apologised genuininely, agreed with everything he said and supplied the details of our trip home last time.

INS agent said that we MUST check that the slips are removed in future, but that electronic reader systems are being introduced to reduce this (common) problem.

So, thank you all again, we didn't need the evidence that we took (apart from the information off of our return boarding passes), BUT I am very glad that we had it (just in case!)

Boo
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:36 am

Programs: British Airways, Cathay Pacific
Originally Posted by Boo Boo Too
Just a quick note to thank everyone for their advice and opinions...

...have got here ok and didn't get sent to secondary interrogation . Did get a firm wrist slapping from INS agent at the immigration desk: just apologised genuininely, agreed with everything he said and supplied the details of our trip home last time.

INS agent said that we MUST check that the slips are removed in future, but that electronic reader systems are being introduced to reduce this (common) problem.

So, thank you all again, we didn't need the evidence that we took (apart from the information off of our return boarding passes), BUT I am very glad that we had it (just in case!)

Boo
Phew! Enjoy your holiday!
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Visa waiver slips & payment

I only ever had a problem when flying JFK-YUL on AA. I guess it's understandable that the JFK staff didn't think to remove my visa waiver from my passport when flying to Canada (or ask me if I wanted to keep it).

Fortunately I later crossed the US border again at Niagara Falls and still having a valid visa waiver saved me the cash fee (USD10?) at the border. I deliberately handed the waiver back when re-entering Canada.

Visa waivers are valid for 90 days - is there any advantage in holding onto your visa waiver if you know for certain that you'll be making another trip to the US within 90 days? Does this save the airline the processing fee??

Simon
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by StevieJ
What does MMB stand for?
StevieJ

MMB stands for 'Massage My Buttocks'. Until recently this was a little known service available only to F Pax and Premier card holders. However since the onset of potential litigation over DVT, BA now offer this service to all Pax. Simply request the service from any flight attendant. It is considered polite to remove one's own trousers first (but obviously nothing more than that).

Note that excess handling charges may apply to certain US style buttocks.

Enjoy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.