Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

We are waiving our processing fee for you ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2004, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond

When I logged on to my BA account today, there was something different under "Your Messages".

It says:

===

"We are waving our processing fee for you.

Effective December 13, 2004, all bookings made through our telephone sales consultants are now subject to a $10 processing fee per passenger. This includes bookings for award travel. Because we value your loyalty however, we will waive the fee for you. Therefore, please be sure to quote your Executive Club membership number if booking by phone.

Not only is ba.com the best place to book for less, there are many great benefits to assist you with your travel needs. You can take advantage of the following:

* Book online and have e-tickets emailed to you
* Choose your seat using interactive maps
* Check-in online
* Email details of your journey to family and friends
* Check which terminals you will be arriving and departing from

Go to ba.com to book your flights today."

===

Now this is interesting, because I did a booking 2 weeks ago, and was charged $10. (But when you're spending a couple thousand dollars, $10 isn't an issue.) So obviously they are not starting this on December 13.

But since I'm spending less time chasing down points and miles for MFU's done over the telephone, maybe I'll be more inclined to use telephone booking next time. It tends to take longer when I book that way, but when I need to do open jaws, or the web site randomly decides that my information is invalid ... I have received great service from BA telesales in the US. (A couple of weeks ago, one agent actually called me back several times over the course of a week for follow-up because of some unusual circumstances in the ticketing.)

I realize that my posting this is only going to frustrate UK members who have to pay the fees to use the Amex 2-for-1 vouchers. But I'm curious if others have received similar messages. Perhaps they have decided not to charge golds for this in the US?

And speaking of the web site randomly deciding information is invalid ... my favorite was last week ... I suppose I should post this in the sticky, but on the payment page, it wouldn't let me finish the booking until I filled in the "Address 2" line. Never mind that one line of street address information is sufficient for me ... but the form was happy when I entered "skippythelizard Castle" for "Address 2".

Earlier this year, I couldn't buy a ticket on-line because it kept insisting that my postal code was incorrect. I had no choice but to call telephone booking.

And then there was the ticket that I thought I had bought on-line but that never actually got ticketed, and never told me that anything was wrong with the booking.

So, yes, this is a rather minor issue. But it is a nice gesture.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I got the same message ^, but I sure wish they'd hurry up and send me my Gold Card .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.