Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

position on tier points fron OW partners ( ex UK) ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI GOLD BA silver

Ba.com says tier points on OW partners are as follows:

Economy/Business Class/First Class
Flights less than 2000 miles 20/40/60
Flights more than 2000 miles 60/120/180

where flights do not originate, transit or end in UK. What happens if they do? with Iberia for example LHR - MAD and on to a South American destination. ( and return) - assuming of course its a qualifying booking class.

anybody know the answer?
Old Sep 27, 2004, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
In your example, you would get the same tier points on IB as with BA. In fact, on an itinerary such as LON-MAD-MEX or -JNB, you would end up with 80 tier points more than with BA nonstop: 40 + 120 + 120 + 40 instead of 120 + 120 in J/D/I/C/D.

However - and it's a big HOWEVER :

- the points are most unlikely to be credited automatically. You would need to chase them, fax in the details, do that again, and again, then call them to find they have no record of your faxes - perhaps because it's the Indian call centre who responds, so you fax again, get told they will take only 8-10 weeks to appear, then see them in your online account in due course, then get an e-mail saying that you do not qualify for points or miles because you credited the flights to your Iberia account even though you don't have an Iberia account. At least, that's what happened to my last Iberia flights .

- miles are at oneWorld levels, not BA - only 25% extra for biz and no tier bonus.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Roger is spot on with the partner tier points rates.

I've not had a problem with IB, but every fourth CX flight I have fails to post. And yes, getting partner earning posted can be a hassle..
Old Sep 28, 2004, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI GOLD BA silver
thanks guys, now I know what to look out for...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.