Search

Silly Girl

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2004, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue.
Silly Girl

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/3412123.stm

Is this the same flight - that 2 people then died on - is it jinked!!
Old Jan 20, 2004, 4:44 am

Don't people ever learn!!!

How many cases like this have been reported, year in, year out!!!

A "joke" of this nature can result in jail, a heavy fine or, at best, a missed flight!

DON'T DO IT!!!
Old Jan 20, 2004, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
WHAT A COMPLETE ASSHAT

And sometimes we wonder why the FAA imply all these ridiculous rules upon aircraft in US airspace. We should stop exporting asshats like this to the US.

Make a joke once about a bomb in front of a TSA is nuts, but to repeat it two times after is just criminally insane!

Did anyone see that episode of 'Airport' where the guy flying to ORD said he had machine gun in his violin case. He went to JAIL.....for the night before flying on Air India to ORD. That is punishment enough

YOU CAN'T SCREW AROUND WITH THESE PEOPLE (and think they'll laugh with you)

[This message has been edited by fbgdavidson (edited Jan 20, 2004).]
Old Jan 20, 2004, 4:53 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Asshat?

Is that one of those straw boaters with holes cut for ears, that they used to put on donkeys on Blackpool beach?
Old Jan 20, 2004, 5:11 am

Programs: VS FC, BA EC, HHonours
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stut:
Asshat?

Is that one of those straw boaters with holes cut for ears, that they used to put on donkeys on Blackpool beach?
</font>

Old Jan 20, 2004, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
A "student". That's what happens when you send 50% to uni.......
Old Jan 20, 2004, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stut:
Asshat?

</font>
Asshat: someone with their head up their ..., therefore wearing their ... as a hat

Thanks to ScottC for that
Old Jan 20, 2004, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, she is going to learn the lesson the hard way. Natural selection in action!
Old Jan 20, 2004, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fraisse10:
A "student". That's what happens when you send 50% to uni.......</font>
Thats why tuition fees should be increased!

Get the deadwood out of the Universities and cut the crappy useless courses. I say start with Archaeology ( ) Then use the money saved to give the Universities better facilities. This means my degree is worth more on the face of it because less people have one.

Having visited an American University in September I was embarassed to show Kirstin around Southampton. The Americans are light years ahead, and had I seen US universities when I came round to choosing Universities in 6th form, I'd have been stupid not to consider it!

PS. I know my philosophy of raising fees to increase income is flawed.....but I don't care!
Old Jan 20, 2004, 6:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
Did anyone see that episode of 'Airport' where the guy flying to ORD said he had machine gun in his violin case. He went to JAIL.....for the night before flying on Air India to ORD.</font>
yeah, what a .........

He was also banned for life from UA.

His quote: "The violin's not even for me, I'm bringing it home for a friend!"
Old Jan 20, 2004, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
"I'm sure Samantha will accept that it's a silly thing to say but she's the sort of girl who might have thought it would make people laugh."

I cannot believe how mind-numbingly stupid people can be when it must be blantantly obvious to a Blackpool Beach hat wearing donkey this day and age is not the time to make comments like this.

Isn't it amazing when silly Brits do silly things abroad that the Foreign Office is meant to get involved and bail them out. Sometimes people should be made to face up to the stupidity of what they do and be prepared to face the consequences.

(P.S. I quite like Blackpool donkeys,having grown up there. There was an old grey one called Rommell which was particularly popular with the children).

Old Jan 20, 2004, 6:33 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I am sorry that I am not a betting woman. I could have bet you Miami, because we do have some of our most mind-bendingly stupid people flying there. She was possibly drunk as well, as even the stupid are not quite as blatant as that.

"Silly Girl" is such an understatement. I remember years ago at a very prestigious Mayfair hairdresser, an almighty to-do broke out between two of the juniors emerging frm the Staff room over aboy friend. The manager siad "Naughty Girls! Naughty Girls!". I'd have slapped the leg of both of them for making such an exhibiton of themselves in public.

Similarly for this airhead. If she's sent to jail or heavily fined, Tough. I've no sympathy. She only has herslf to thank.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 6:56 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:

I cannot believe how mind-numbingly stupid people can be when it must be blantantly obvious to a Blackpool Beach hat wearing donkey this day and age is not the time to make comments like this.
</font>
It's not even just 'this day and age'. We had a couple of school trips over to France (coach+ferry) which inevitably involved a stop just outside Portsmouth for a half-hour lecture on "why making jokes about drugs/bombs at customs is a really bad idea..."

The punishment now may be more harsh. But the principle still applies. When you're in that limbo between countries, you do not risk a thing. They have ultimate power over you, and jokes about what you're carrying will land you in a whole load of trouble.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 7:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:
I am sorry that I am not a betting woman. I could have bet you Miami, because we do have some of our most mind-bendingly stupid people flying there.</font>
Hhhmmm, better change my holiday patterns - for the past 4 years I have flown into MIA/FLL/MCO for my Summer holiday (cruises out of FLL).... might get myself a bad reputation

Boo

Old Jan 20, 2004, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Another thing not to say when travelling by air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.