Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Select Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2004, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Select Seat Question

I know OW Ruby has priority to select seat.
But when I call resv. center they say the system is block so they can not do it for me.
Is there any other way to select seat.
And which is the best J class seat on 744.

Thanks a lot!!
Old Jan 15, 2004, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Blue.
I called them up on Saturday to request a specific seat for an up and coming flight to the US (the one of the 6 pairs up the back on a 744 - guarentee nobody sitting to my wife and I).

They said they would put a request in - and not get an answer back until Tuesday - checked my online booking - and still the same 2 seats - so no idea if it happened or not - looks like not.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 6:12 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by blawson:
I called them up on Saturday to request a specific seat for an up and coming flight to the US (the one of the 6 pairs up the back on a 744 - guarentee nobody sitting to my wife and I).

They said they would put a request in - and not get an answer back until Tuesday - checked my online booking - and still the same 2 seats - so no idea if it happened or not - looks like not.
</font>
I also called them on Tuesday to change a seat assignement in 3rd WT, and they ALMOST did it. I was assigned seats 49KJ and requested 33KJ. They changed me today for 34KJ. Almost done!
Old Jan 15, 2004, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by labito:
I know OW Ruby has priority to select seat.
</font>
No they don't...

A certain amount of seats are held back for EVERYONE, and a certain amount if for Premier, Gold and OW EMERALD. Ruby's don't have any seat priorities. If they couldn't preassign you a seat then the 70% limit of preallocation has been reached and you will have to either do an online checkin or wait till you are at the airport.

As for the best seat, that topic pops up every week, please do a search on the subject.

Old Jan 15, 2004, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
As for the best seat, that topic pops up every week, please do a search on the subject.</font>
Also, consult http://www.seatguru.com and http://www.seatexpert.com. Both are reliable and can be easier than doing research on this board.

[Edited to point out that ScottC's number of posts (23,599) is just staggering! FT indicates that ScottC registered in September 2000. Assuming he registered on 1 September, he's been participating on FT for 1,231 days, and posting at the rate of 19.17 posts per day, every day, for over two years. ScottC, please don't take this as criticism, as I suspect you have much to contribute; I just find the numbers astounding!]

[This message has been edited by Blumie (edited Jan 15, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.