Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access After a Flight (DEN)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2004, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Lounge Access After a Flight (DEN)

Hi and Happy New Year to everyone

I think that I know the answer to this before I ask it, but you never know unless you ask...

My husband and I are flying BA NCW LHR-DEN this February. Because of the time the BA flight gets in, I had no choice but to book our connecting flight (DEN-HDN in United Economy) about 4 hours later. We may be lucky and get standby seats on an earlier UA flight, but depends whether we clear immigration quickly enough and there are seats available.... So I am preparing for a long wait at DEN...

Is there any chance of any lounge access (i.e. through the BA NCW portion of the trip) in DEN?

I realise this is a long shot (although Continental seem to routinely allow arriving international J passengers into their Presidents' Clubs in the US...)

Thanks,
Boo
Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:06 am

Programs: BA GGL&CCR, LH HON, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well, if there is no arrival lounge, you need to be BA Gold or member of a lounge program, I think. Sorry for the bad news.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks. That is pretty much what I expected, but thought it was worth asking anyway...

If anyone has any ideas, would be much appreciated

Thanks,
Boo
Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Blue
I'd just try anyway, sometimes bare faced cheek and confidence works a treat. Good luck
Old Jan 5, 2004, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
If you ask nicely whats the worst that could happen?

I saw a guy at trying to get into the Terraces in the T4 LP and he wasn't flying BA or have any status.

This would have been fine except I was waiting behind him for a few minutes while he battled it out with the lounge staff to allow him access

He failed

[This message has been edited by fbgdavidson (edited Jan 05, 2004).]
Old Jan 5, 2004, 3:22 pm
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
I saw a guy at trying to get into the Terraces in the T4 LP and he wasn't flying BA or have any status.</font>
Out of interest, did you manage to catch his side of the argument? Was it just plain audacity or did he believe he had a genuine right? The nerve of some people!
Old Jan 5, 2004, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dnw:
Out of interest, did you manage to catch his side of the argument? Was it just plain audacity or did he believe he had a genuine right? The nerve of some people!</font>
A bit of both, he was showing some Qantas FF card. I guess he was using audacity plus the fact he had a OW FF card to try and get it. I was picking up fagends as my Dad would say
Old Jan 6, 2004, 2:46 am

Unfortunately you'll be out of luck in Denver because the lounge closes when the BA218 leaves for LHR. Assuming an on-time departure this will be at about 1730 local time, so if you arrive on the BA219 at 1600 then the best you can hope for after you've cleared immigration is an hour or so in the lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
A bit of both, he was showing some Qantas FF card. I guess he was using audacity plus the fact he had a OW FF card to try and get it. I was picking up fagends as my Dad would say </font>
Given the level of ignorance shown by some (fortunately not many) BA staff at LHR about QF FF tiers and privileges when flying BA, it wouldn't surprise me if he did have lounge access and was being wrongly denied it. I vividly remember having a 10-minute argument with a F check-in agent to whom I'd been sent by the J check-in queue manager. She insisted that QF Silver/OW Ruby did not entitle me to J class check-in privileges "because it's the same as BA Blue, which is also Ruby but doesn't entitle you to do that". A call to someone behind the scenes produced the check-in crib sheet which showed the depth of misunderstanding.

[This message has been edited by Globaliser (edited Jan 06, 2004).]
Old Jan 6, 2004, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone

fgbd, unfortunately I am rather shy and rarely have enough cheek to ask for what I know I am not entitled to (unless I have had too much sugar/coffee, that is ).

Random, VERY good point - I hadn't thought of that at all...

Guess that we will try very hard to standby for the earlier UA flight to HDN (we are in NCW and DEN doesn't tend to be too bad for imigration - at least no MIA...). If we don't make it, will have to find a Lefty's for a nice chargrilled Tuna Sandwich and iced tea for 3 or 4 hours....

Thanks again,
Boo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.