Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changing reservations on ticket booked through agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2003, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)

Generally I prefer to book my tickets direct with the relevant airline but, unusually, Expedia have a better deal on a BA flexible ticket than BA are offering themselves. If I book a BA E-Ticket on Expedia, do I have to make reservation changes through them or can I change the reservation direct with BA ?

I had assumed the latter, but Expedia suggested the former. I am sure that there is a wealth of practical experience out there.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Bump
Old Dec 7, 2003, 12:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">If I book a BA E-Ticket on Expedia, do I have to make reservation changes through them or can I change the reservation direct with BA ? </font>
On TA booked tickets, I've made changes both via my TA, and via BA.

Previous posts indicate that BA is cracking down on making amendments to TA bookings, but I had no problems at all when I phoned BA last month to amend my return trip from Milan (was extending a stay on to the weekend, so didn't really want to do it via the company TA...).

There was no charge for doing this.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 5:32 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
FWIW, I've found both Expedia and Opodo excellent for changing tickets bought through them. Their call centres are well-staffed, and there's never been any errors when I've done this.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 1:51 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stut:
FWIW, I've found both Expedia and Opodo excellent for changing tickets bought through them. Their call centres are well-staffed, and there's never been any errors when I've done this.</font>
Its really a question of being in remote parts of the world and not wanting to make expensive calls and/or needing to phone at odd times of the day. Will Expedia US deal with a UK booking I wonder ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.