Search

Half naked in F

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2003, 12:41 am
CGK
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
Half naked in F

Just took BA85 LHR-YVR in F. One of the male pax, changing to his PJ in his seat, not bother to go the lavatories. It seemed nobody bothered by this, but this is the first for me to see somebody changed into pjs in the cabin.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 12:59 am

I was subjected to something similar on a CX flight from Vancouver to HK - a male passenger decided to change from his pyjamas at his seat, without making much of an effort to conceal anything.

I found the colour of his underpants to be deeply disturbing, and have been in therapy since.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 1:09 am
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
Had the same thing happen to me on LAX-LHR. I was in 1A and the chap in 1K decided to get his kit off, which resulted in female cabin crew members deciding to take that opportunity to serve me tea / take my meal order etc etc. Seems that he was a rather popular young movie actor with the ladies.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 2:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
All of which makes me wonder about those people who 'go commando' underneath their pjs.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 2:18 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LondonElite:
All of which makes me wonder about those people who 'go commando' underneath their pjs.</font>
Thank you for that wonderful image - my therapy may never end...
Old Nov 26, 2003, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FF:
Seems that he was a rather popular young movie actor with the ladies.</font>
Hmm; my experience is that it's always the obesogenic pax who tend to change at-seat, never the young and lovely

Me? Always change in the lav., will leave it open which group I belong to!
Old Nov 26, 2003, 6:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Be thankful that it was underpants. About a month or so ago, a rather large German passenger emerged from the lav and waddled back to his seat with his naked posterior visible to all the world. Subsuequent investigation revealed that he was clad in a thong! He was of course in F (2K as I recall)

I was called when he then took it into his head to have a wander with a blanket round his shoulders. He started chatting to one of the male crew members (who tried to steer him back to his seat)and it became very apparent that our passenger was [i]very[/b] pleased to see our crew member.

I'm afraid that I spoilt everything as usual by ordering him back to his seat on the grounds of decency, and told him unless he behaved himself I would find a bucket of cold water (the ice bucket came to mind). He huffily informed me that at Lufthansa they do not concern themselves about such matters and how was he to sleep in the heat. I told him that I could fix that very easily by lowering cabin temparature if he was too hot.

The sight of him looked like a grey haired gorilla wearing a truss.

Oh it was jade coloured in case your therapy is still in progress.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 6:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:
Be thankful that it was underpants. About a month or so ago, a rather large German passenger emerged from the lav and waddled back to his seat with his naked posterior visible to all the world. Subsuequent investigation revealed that he was clad in a thong!
</font>
That would be me that you're talking about. I'm working through the trauma in my own little way...
Old Nov 26, 2003, 6:39 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:

He huffily informed me that at Lufthansa they do not concern themselves about such matters and how was he to sleep in the heat. I told him that I could fix that very easily by lowering cabin temparature if he was too hot.
</font>
So *that's* the way to get a cooler cabin on BA! Now, where did I leave my pink fluffy pouch....

-- Dambus
Old Nov 26, 2003, 6:42 am

Subsuequent investigation revealed that he was clad in a thong! </font>
How ever much they pay whoever did that "subsequent investigation", it ain't enough!

Nice to see the Germans living up to their stereotype - by this logic, there should be scantily clad blonde supermodels at the front of SAS flights. Anyone care to report (or continue the sterotyping )?

[This message has been edited by fraisse10 (edited Nov 26, 2003).]
Old Nov 26, 2003, 7:21 am

B Subsuequent investigation revealed that he was clad in a thong! He was of course in F (2K as I recall)
</font>
Ahhh...How often does BA clean their seats and is there any chance you can provide a registration number for the aircraft?
Old Nov 26, 2003, 7:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BigKing:
Ahhh...How often does BA clean their seats and is there any chance you can provide a registration number for the aircraft?</font>
Hopefully, his bed was made at this point - I can't believe that even Germans dine in their thongs!
Old Nov 26, 2003, 7:56 am

I witnessed this in Lufthansa F this summer. A gentleman had slept right up until descent. He was undeterred by the "fasten seatbelts" sign, deciding to strip down and change right in his seat. (Thankfully he was wearing silk boxers, not a thong, but it was still rather odd.) Turns out he is a rather famous German television personality. All of the FAs were getting his autograph.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 11:42 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Buster:
Turns out he is a rather famous German television personality. All of the FAs were getting his autograph.</font>
May be it was Harald Schmidt or Thomas Gottschalk ???

Old Nov 26, 2003, 11:55 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fraisse10:

Nice to see the Germans living up to their stereotype

[This message has been edited by fraisse10 (edited Nov 26, 2003).]
</font>
How is this a stereotype for Germans ? Drinking loads of beer, eating heavy meals, building the best cars..etc..all valid stereotypes, but how exactly is changing in your seat a "german" stereotype ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.