Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-SFO : Which way First?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2003, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
LHR-SFO : Which way First?

Booking an LHR-SFO with my BA Amex voucher and fancy trying long-haul in NCW upstairs but really enjoyed my recent FIRST trip to HKG.

I will use 125,000 BA Miles so I can get a leg in FIRST but not sure if I should do the FIRST on the LHR-SFO so I can use the Concorde lounge and stay up to enjoy the food and drink.

Or should I do FIRST on the SFO-LHR leg so as to get the best use of the bed, duvet etc? Being 6'2" the few extra inches of the FIRST bed would be great to get a good sleep.

What do you guys think?

Rich
Old Nov 24, 2003, 1:38 pm

I have done SEA-LHR-SEA and YVR-LHR-YVR numerous times, pretty similar to SFO-LHR. If I were you I would do NCW on the SFO-LHR leg. That's because I don't find that the First bed is all that much better for sleeping than NCW, I am 6'1" but both seats are a little too narrow in the shoulders when I lay down, length does not make much difference. I would also recommend it because as you state you can actually enjoy the service rather than sleeping through it.

[This message has been edited by BigKing (edited Nov 24, 2003).]
Old Nov 24, 2003, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Is it a business or pleasure trip? If it's pleasure I would go First on the way out to make the most of the food and drink. Why sleep and miss all the perks.

If business - I'd go First on the way back and try and sleep the whole way.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

It will be pleasure. I was thinking of the FIRST out option for the reasons you recommended. As long as I can get upstairs as that will be very nice. Last upstairs club flight was to Oz on 2000 in the cradle seats.

Rich
Old Nov 25, 2003, 12:55 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I would say screw it and get another 25k miles either buy flying, tesco, rentin cars or spending money on your Amex so you can do F both ways

Old Nov 25, 2003, 5:42 am
Original Poster

I would happily get the other 25k for dual First but I am actually keen to try upstairs NCW and I am taking Mum who has said she would be happy with NCW both ways! Also would be good to keep some miles back for my next trip.

Rich
Old Nov 25, 2003, 5:57 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
O my silly brain. I was going to put turn left upon boarding. The "I'm in First dance" is quite optional.

However you asked a sensible question so you deservemore than this silly answer!

Me, I'd do homeward as F is far better on the sleeping section of the flight - but that is just my opinion!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.