Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Off-topic: What is this royal rumor regarding Prince Charles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Off-topic: What is this royal rumor regarding Prince Charles?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2003, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ananthar:

Are the UK royals still exempt from all taxes on their private income ? If so that cost to UK taxpayers may dwarf the royal allowances.
</font>
No, they pay taxes now.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 2:16 pm

I saw earlier on this thread someone commented on the Prince flying a specially configured BA 767, how do you think its configured? How do members of the royal family usually fly, BA? It looks like Tony Blair also flies BA aircraft, how do you think they are configured?
Old Nov 13, 2003, 2:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WPutnam:
I saw earlier on this thread someone commented on the Prince flying a specially configured BA 767, how do you think its configured? How do members of the royal family usually fly, BA? It looks like Tony Blair also flies BA aircraft, how do you think they are configured?</font>
Not sure how the 767 was configured....but I hear the cabin crew may have been contracted in from Qantas...
Old Nov 14, 2003, 3:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WPutnam:
I saw earlier on this thread someone commented on the Prince flying a specially configured BA 767, how do you think its configured? How do members of the royal family usually fly, BA? </font>
A friend of mine was flying to Australia not long ago and had a young prince sitting across the row from her in NCW. He was upgraded after Singapore she noted.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 5:55 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
mAAine_flyer
and how much do you think we're wasting on the Bush state visit??? £2m, ontop of the cost you're gov is stumping up to to have 700 staff, just for the speech.
mmm, i suddenly think i'd rather spend £1.30 in the Royals than 15p on bush

[This message has been edited by ajinlondon (edited Nov 14, 2003).]
Old Nov 14, 2003, 5:59 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mAAine_flyer:
Your journalist gf no doubt castigated you for your hyperbole. Neither country is perfect. But to say that the US is not free is really quite absurd.</font>
it's also strange how the majority of the thread has stated how "free" the US is, and when challenged it's - not perfect. i think(and u obv agree) it should have said that to start.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ajinlondon:
it's also strange how the majority of the thread has stated how "free" the US is, and when challenged it's - not perfect. i think(and u obv agree) it should have said that to start.</font>
Well, yes, I agree to some extent. But I think that perhaps some of the "US is free" stuff that was written earlier was in response to the patent nonsense about it being a closed, repressive and secretive state.

As for Bush's state visit next week and its associated costs to UK taxpayers (plus disruption, etc.), I couldn't agree with you more about it be a total waste. Perhaps W's host can invite her son over to the palace, where he and Bush can "get together" and have the entire episode captured on home video
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
Well, yes, I agree to some extent. But I think that perhaps some of the "US is free" stuff that was written earlier was in response to the patent nonsense about it being a closed, repressive and secretive state.

As for Bush's state visit next week and its associated costs to UK taxpayers (plus disruption, etc.), I couldn't agree with you more about it be a total waste. Perhaps W's host can invite her son over to the palace, where he and Bush can "get together" and have the entire episode captured on home video
1. What sort of aircraft is ferrying Charles & Camilla around the United States during this week's royal tour (NYC-WAS-MSY-SFO)?

2. Whatever happened to the Prince rumor?
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
1. What sort of aircraft is ferrying Charles & Camilla around the United States during this week's royal tour (NYC-WAS-MSY-SFO)?
Here's an informative thread on the topic.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 1:23 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Dakota
Lots of debt advisory service ads but nothing of the allegations...
Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:49 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Funny thread

This thread was the source of great amusement to me. American citizens thinking that all is free and the truth will prevail and so on. ROTFLMAO.

I can assure you from my military days, the freedom to publish what the hell you like in the US does not exist. As for my civilian days, ooh, still on a heavy sanction threat there. Sorry.

Sufficient to say, if you believe that the US is the land of the completely free, well Jeff Foxworthy has made a fortune out of you, but I still love yawl as individuals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.