Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI is just not robust enough

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2003, 6:22 am
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
e-Ticket BA Miles booking made on Wednesday! My LHR-IST flight is a paper ticket that was originally ticketed for April. I have changed it about a dozen times, yet I had no problem using OLCI.</font>
Ah well there goes that theory

I've had a changed paper miles ticket throw up this error before, even if it was BA issued.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"Dave, is this the first leg of your loooooong (duration) trip? "

Indeed it is the start of the loooooong trip to downside-up land.

"If so, good luck and have a great time"

Thanks, i'll try to have a good time leaving UK at the start of winter

Dave
Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:29 am

You never know what Santa might bring BA. High on the list, is a new version of OLCI.....

Old Sep 26, 2003, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
BA need to consider reintroducing Telephone check-in until OLCI is more stable. I was trying to use it this morning and get this messgae:-

This is nonsense. My TA is BA because it is a BA Miles booking!!!
</font>
See my thread sarted on the 24th re the same problem. Even when I went to the ticket desk at LGW they could not work it all out. Contrary to what I was told on the phone, they said that it MUST BE because I had a paper ticket that had not been altered by the addition of a yellow sticky. Sheer arrant nonsense since the addition of the sticky is nowhere recorded in the system.

On the phone the girl was very apologetic, not least that she could not check me in herself as they can no longer do that even on one off cases following the abolition of tel check in. She said there was much unhapiness locally about it all ...

[This message has been edited by Frequentflyer99 (edited 09-26-2003).]
Old Sep 28, 2003, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Arrived at EDI at Sparrows fart yesterday morning and went to the self-service machine. Put my card in but got a message saying my booking was incomplete and to go to a check-in desk. Thankfully the queue at Club/EC check-in was very small and I was taken immediatley.

The agent was able to check me in okay so I asked for an explanation of why I could not use the machine. She looked at the system and told me the problem was that my booking had not been set-up as an e-ticket.

If anyone experiences simialr problems ask the helpdesk to verify if the booking is set-up correctly for e-ticket.

------------------
Gaza's oneworld & Star Alliance Round the World Information Pages - www.rtw-info.co.uk
Old Sep 28, 2003, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
It's a pity that OLCI is not more like the Self Service Check in Machines.

Me and the wife went down to Brum for a party yesterday. In with the credit card the tickets were booked under - changed both our return seats from 15BC (embraer 1x2) to 4BC in a couple of seconds and got all four boarding cards.

OLCI should be like this - allowing you to check in all from the same booking without all the hassle of logging out and in again as the other person.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:
It's a pity that OLCI is not more like the Self Service Check in Machines.
</font>
I agree. Maybe I have been lucky but with one exception the machines have always worked for me. Quick, fast and efficient. Maybe it's the threat of an angry check in agent beating them up that makes them behave?
Old Sep 30, 2003, 12:50 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
I've got to say, but what is the point of OLCI??

Used it last weekend to Cairo. All it seemed to me was a fancy way of changing your seat?

I did the OLCI, then used the Self-Serve to get the boarding pass, then went to the Fast Bag drop, where the chap checked me in again!!! I have no problems about using the machine to collect the BP (and it does provide them with a way of asking the security questions), but why can't the machine print out the bag tags and you drop them off at a desk. I guess the only good thing was the queue was only 4 people and the great unwashed queue looked like something from Disneyland!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.