Wiki Posts
Search

Op Ups with Special Meals/Children

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2004, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Op Ups with Special Meals/Children

Hello All,
I have 5 WT+ tickets on BA209 on Aug 7th. ITN shows Y=0, along with both W and T = 0, thus an oversale and rolling of the cabnis appear likely. I hold a Gold BA card, my wife and two of the three little ones have a Silver BA card. BA automatically ordered children's meals for the little ones. Will this keep us off the "list" for better seats should the flight be oversold? Or will the simple fact that I have three little ones under 5 years old keep us out?

Not looking to enter a discussion on children in premium cabins, they have flown in AA First, Business and Coach, and have obviously spent time in BA premium cabins, or else they wouldn't have their own Silver cards....

Thanks for your thoughts!
Old Aug 6, 2004, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Assuming that there is any space in the premuim cabins then you still have the kids meals problem. As I understand the new rule it would have to be all of you moved or a combinmation of one adult and 0-3 children, parents can't leave the kids in the back anymore, and ride up front. That means that there would have to be 5 available seats in close proximity to each other.

Someone will no doubt set me straight on this but, I used to have a far distant member of family who worked for BA (pilot I think) & he said, when I asked about my lacto Vege meals, that as kids meals are not suitable for an adult, they are some of the hardest people to move. There is usually someone onboard who wanted a vege but forgot to order, so they are less of a problem. The impressive status your family has might swing it but the kids meals may be the lurking torpedo.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I have been op upd with 1 child. However, I think the meals are a real problem. If you are more than 24 hours from departure just change the meal prefs for the children in manage my booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.