Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A new UK promo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2003, 4:47 am
Original Poster

A new UK promo

This just arrived in my inbox. Has anybody got it? I just wondered how targeted it was. Pity I dont get the 2 tickets by paying for F...

Fly Club World and get free* tickets

Dear Mr xxx

Have you ever thought about jetting off to Europe? A romantic weekend in Venice, catching some sun in Nice or skiing in the Alps?

As an Executive Club member who has flown Club World, we wanted you to be the first to know about our latest offer. From 6 February until 30th April 2003, every time you book and fly Club World full fare** return we will reward you with two free Club Europe tickets*.

Full details will be sent to you shortly through the post. You will also see details of this great offer in the national press and on posters - just remember to keep an eye open for them!

In the meantime, all you have to do is sit back and think of where you will go with your Club Europe tickets.

Yours sincerely,

Sharon Callaghan
Manager, Executive Club

* Subject to applicable taxes, fees, charges and security surcharges.
** Some specially negotiated (‘nett’) corporate fares are not eligible for this offer.
Terms and conditions apply. Please see offer pack for further details.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not received ithere. It doesn't surpise me as I NEVER get targetted for offers. Given that I earn over half my tier points on CX, I would have expected to be a target in the hope of inducing me to switch more of my revenue.

Oh well.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 9:06 am

Got it via corporate travel agency...

Details of T&C:

1. This promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, who are members of British Airways’ UK and Republic of Ireland Executive Club (“Executive Club”) (“Members”). British Airways Plc (“BA”) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Members.

2. To qualify for a pair of free (subject to taxes, fees, charges and security surcharges) Club Europe return tickets (“Redemption Tickets”) Members must take a Qualifying Flight during the Promotional Period. The Promotional Period is from 6 February 2003 to 30 April 2003 inclusive. For the avoidance of doubt, all sectors of travel of the Qualifying Flight must be booked and completed during the Promotional Period. Members must quote their Executive Club Membership Number when making their booking under this promotion and also at check-in for both the outbound and return sectors of their journey.

3. Members will only be notified that they have qualified for this offer if they provide an email address. Confirmation emails will be sent weekly from 3 March 2003.

4. A Qualifying Flight is full fare longhaul return flight in Club World (booking class J2BA only), on BA mainline services or on British Mediterranean flights and on BA CitiExpress flights BA1503/ BA1502 (booking class J3BAMAN). No flight on any other codeshare or alliance airline qualifies for this offer. All travel must start and finish in the UK or Republic of Ireland. All tickets must be purchased and ticketed in the UK or Republic of Ireland.

5. This promotion is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, deal, or promotion, including but without limitation to: (i) negotiated corporate fares (ii) redemption bookings; (iii) travel agent discounted fares, inclusive holidays, group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in one of the qualifying booking classes; or (iv) bookings made with vouchers or coupons (e.g. shareholder’s discount coupon).

6. Bookings for Redemption Tickets must be made by calling your dedicated Executive Club number.

7. Bookings for Redemption Tickets (can be made for any route where Club Europe is available and) will be made in U class and will be subject to availability and capacity control at the time of booking. Travel on BA franchises (eg GB Airways, Maersk,) , codeshare and alliance airlines is not permitted except for flights operated by BA CitiExpress. Redemption tickets are not redeemable on flights where there is no Club Europe cabin. All travel must start and finish in the UK. Members must leave at least 7 days between the completion of their return Qualifying Flights and booking their Redemption Tickets. Redemption Tickets must be booked between 4 March 2003 and 25 September 2003 inclusive and all travel must be completed between 7 March 2003 and 30 September 2003 inclusive. The Member will not qualify for BA Miles or Executive Club Points on Redemption Tickets. Both Club Europe Redemption Tickets must be redeemed for outbound and return travel together and one of these tickets must be used by the qualifying Member. The Member may book up to three pairs of Redemption Tickets together. Domestic adds-ons / regional connecting flights are not included. Taxes, fees, charges and security surcharges are payable by the Member. E-tickets will be issued on all e-ticketable routes (there will be a £10 charge if paper tickets are requested). Bookings must be made at least 3 working days ahead of travel for e-tickets and 5 days for paper tickets. BA does not accept any responsibility should a Member be unable to utilise this offer during the Promotional Period.

8. Seats available for this promotion on each flight is limited. Some very busy flights may not be available during peak periods and therefore an element of flexibility on both routes and dates of travel will be required on the part of the member. Seats allocated to this offer may be fully booked even though seats on the same flight are still available under a different booking class in the same cabin.

9. No changes or refunds are available on these Redemption Tickets. These tickets are non transferable and no cash or credit alternative will be offered.

10. All passengers are carried by BA in accordance with its General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (copies available on request) and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided.

11. BA reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions of this promotion, without notice, in the event of a major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other similar events.

12. This promotion is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions.

13. The Promoter is: British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB, Registered No. 1777777 England.

Old Jan 31, 2003, 9:23 am

"Pity I dont get the 2 tickets by paying for F..."

Why not pay for C then once the offer is confirmed, upgrade to F ?

Might work.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 11:11 am

Programs: Too many to manage
Received this promotion last year (NA Exec Club), have never seen my two free economy tickets. I've contacted BA, and they're "looking into it". Oh well......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.