Search

stricted policy with BAgs?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2001, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
stricted policy with BAgs?

(I meant "stricter" not stricted)

I've been on 3 flights within the last week (3 more to go this week) and on 2 out of 3 of them the flight attendants were being strict about giving an extra BAg (first class washbags) to passengers. I know that I only paid for one ticket so I should only get one BAg, but I like to get an extra one for a lady friend (I like the new red rose one). I have been told that they are not giving out extra ones like they did in the past due to a new policy. Is that true? No problem if it is, just good to know it so I won't ask in the future but it is definitely different than before.

When I told a friend, they were surprised that BA was being strict with its best paying passengers.

Btw, I am trying to collect all the different ones to date. I have 8 different ones so far: Black, Blue, Green, Beige, black & white top with an old BOAC plane, black & white top with a lady on a plane, green vines (latest), red rose (latest). Am I missing any?

[This message has been edited by bagold (edited 10-17-2001).]
Old Oct 18, 2001, 2:54 am

If you say you would like a bag for your mother it always works. They often will give out extra PJs if you need them. Always handy to use on other carriers.

Old Oct 18, 2001, 6:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
BAGold. take it from this not quite old bag that I know of no reason why they should be stingy. I can only think that insufficient were loaded or they got word that there were insufficient at the next point if the flight were going to an outstation. I'll bet they'd handed them out down the back or something.

Rocket. We've heard mothers and all the rest of the family. The "best" was the man about 19 months or so ago who wanted one for "My Tart in Residence".

Was it one of you? Own up!
Old Oct 18, 2001, 7:19 am

The only time I have been refused a second washbag is when the flight has been loaded for the return (e.g. TLV). You are missing dark brown and red. Both from about 1 year ago.
Old Oct 22, 2001, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Hi Pucci,

Just got back and my experience on 5 out of the 6 trips these past 2 weeks was that they were being stingy. During my last couple of flights, a couple FAs told me that a new policy came out that they should only give out the washbags when asked. That was even worse than I first thought. (I thought it was just extra ones). The FAs said that they thought the policy to be stupid and it made the passengers feel that they have to ask (as in a favor) for a washbag, and made the FAs feel that they were on purposely withholding them. Then even asked me to fill out a comment card to send back to corporate (which I did).

If you find out more information, please let us know.

Ventures, thanks for the information. I'm going to ask my parents whether they have the dark brown and red ones!
Old Oct 22, 2001, 7:25 am
dnw

I just noted the same in Club World this morning GRU-LHR. The bags were not given out during the flight- a couple of passengers asked for them, including myself, and were obliged, but basically most people went without.

dnw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.