Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ease of using BA miles on AA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2001, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Ease of using BA miles on AA

How difficult is it to use BA miles on AA?
What I mean is are they picked from the same batch as the AA rewards on their own flights? (e.g. 4 reward seats on a flight whether they be used by BA or AA, or are they a separate inventory)

asking because I am thinking of transferring over about 85k from Diners to BA, but most of my flying is domestic USA.
Old Aug 21, 2001, 7:55 am

I can't answer your question, but I thought I'd add a related peice of information. I have completed the transfer of 323,000 Diners miles to BA this year. I inquired yesterday about using a few for travel on Alaska Air next July. I was told the partner awards can only be reserved 9 months in advance (11 for BA flights). If the BA inventory is the same as the partner airlines' inventory, BA Exec Club is handicapping their members by 2 months because (I think) most other programs use 11 months or 330 days. For example, I WAS able to reserve 7 seats (2 coach, 5 business) yesterdayon the same Alaska Air flights using my AAdvantage account.

This was an unexpected downside of moving UA, DL, and AA miles to BA through Diners.
Old Aug 21, 2001, 8:08 am

As far as AA flights go, BA award seats are drawn from the same inventory as AA award seats. I'm not sure about other partners, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.