Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Some questions on "Suitable for Upgrade"...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 1999, 2:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau

I'll be traveling in late June on BA to Rome/London as part of a 17-day teacher-led tour with other H.S. seniors in my Euro His. class. I've heard it mentioned before that BA agents can make a notation in the record called SFU, or 'Suitable for Upgrade.'

I was wondering exactly what does that mean? Does it guarantee a comp. grade, or just put you in the pool for one? Also, when can the notation be made? Does it have to be made at the airport on the day of travel, or can it be made prior to; I am currently holding a res. for BA188 on JUN26. Finally, are there any "tips" on the best way to receive this notation from the airport/tel.(?) agent?

Thanks for the help, FTers.
Old Dec 11, 1999, 3:15 pm
Original Member

In the past, Merry has given an extremely comprehensive answer to the question you ask, outlining how it works in great detail. I suggest you do a search on 'suitable for upgrade' in the BA forum.
Old Dec 11, 1999, 3:27 pm
Original Member

Here it is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/000113.html
Old Dec 12, 1999, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Speaking of whom....WHERE is Merry these days???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.