Wiki Posts
Search

Premier Card?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 1999, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Premier Card?

I understand that Premier card is by invitation only and only given to those CEOs, etc.... Merry, I hear that you have one, can you give us some indication on your title? what type of titles / clout do you need to have before BA considers giving you one...

Does BA give Gold members anything special if they continue their Gold status every year? Anything like a lifetime status?

[This message has been edited by bagold (edited 10-24-1999).]
Old Oct 24, 1999, 12:35 pm
Original Member

owning a hefty chunk of BA shares helps...
Old Oct 24, 1999, 2:56 pm

Bab's you little minx!

OK the low-down is there are currently 1,300 Prem's. It is by invitation only and membership is approved by the Board of BA annually.

Sorry but there is no benefit for being Gold for many years.

Nick
Old Oct 25, 1999, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
thanks for the replies...
Old Oct 26, 1999, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Merry, any idea of how many Gold's are out there? I would guess over 10,000, but I really have no idea.
Old Oct 26, 1999, 12:39 pm

There are over 14,000 Gold members in the U.S.

BA has tested a program wherein Gold members who retain their status for a period of time (usually 3-4 years) have it auto-extended for three years, but I do not know if it will be continued.

Also, Premier members tend to have titles like "Chairman", "Chief Executive", "Partner" and "Managing Director" to name a few. The companies these folks work for tend to be large, multi-nationals with significant operations in either London or New York.
Old Oct 26, 1999, 5:38 pm

Premiers are typically the senior execs from companies with very large ECCA agreements or people of influence from government bodies.

I have no idea how many Gold's there are out there - tens of thousands - however, the higest population of Gold's outside the UK is in Hong Kong!

Nick
Old Oct 27, 1999, 8:51 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
Since the emergence of Oneworld I would guess that all participants must have the same basic criteria. CX Marco Polo requires 80,000 miles for Gold and 120,000 miles for Diamond/Emerald. The Diamond card used to be valid for a couple of years once you got it but no more and they do not even give upgrade tier awards when you make it to Diamond any more. Lifetime membership used to be awarded when you flew 1.6 million miles with them but now it is called 'Invitation' ie if they like your face they invite you to be a lifetime member so I would guess all the Oneworld lot are doing the same thing by agreement.
Old Nov 11, 1999, 4:20 am
Original Member

Merry said : "Sorry but there is no benefit for being Gold for many years."

I can confirm that from personal experience (I will renew for the fourth or fifth time next year).

My experience with BA is that they treat everyone equally badly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.