Wiki Posts
Search

U.K. Members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 1999, 3:45 pm
Melissa at WebFlyer

U.K. Members

Are there any U.K. members on here?

Okay, now that I have a roll call ... Can anyone remember any awards or bonuses that you just thought were outstanding this past year. Again, this is for the UK members here.

[This message has been edited by Melissa at WebFlyer (edited 09-24-1999).]

Old Sep 21, 1999, 10:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Yes, I'm a UK member!
Old Sep 21, 1999, 10:38 pm
Original Member

Merry is a UK member too.
Old Sep 22, 1999, 1:22 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
and so is james
Old Sep 22, 1999, 4:29 am
Original Member

Not BA Executive Club, Rudi. I don't actually fly BA enough to make it worthwhile. I am a Uk member of Air Miles which is somewhat different although in the end it generates BA flights as rewards. Apologies if I have previously misled.

Thinking about it, several hours later, if you mean a UK member of Flyertalk then yes, I am.

[This message has been edited by james (edited 09-22-1999).]
Old Sep 22, 1999, 6:13 am
Original Member

Yet another BA Exec UK member.

Some rewards are also more 'expensive' for UK member with BA's stupid UK miles rate. Why can't they give proper miles like everyone else ??
Old Sep 24, 1999, 1:39 pm

Yep,fully paid up Brit with sufficient travel victim points from BA. Does this fit the bill?
Old Sep 24, 1999, 1:58 pm

No, its hard graft from the UK. The best promos go overseas. C'est la vie! Even on latest super bonus I would have to go some to cover the ground to qualify.
Old Sep 24, 1999, 5:21 pm
Original Member

groundhogbrit - nice post Welcome aboard
Old Sep 26, 1999, 12:05 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic
Another UK member here. I've just returned from my second trip to LA in the past 3 months and got a free companion voucher by flying Club World. Took a colleague with me this time which certainly reduced the cost (effectively getting 3 flights for the price of 2). Anyone flying Club World before 31/12/99 will get a voucher which must be redeemed by 31/03/00
Old Sep 30, 1999, 1:00 pm

Melissa, are we missing the point of your question? Is this a puff for BA or are you after a critique?
Old Sep 30, 1999, 1:11 pm
Melissa at WebFlyer

I'm just wondering. I've looked through back issues of the magazine and I thought maybe I missed something. Seems I haven't.

Old Sep 30, 1999, 1:47 pm

Magazine?What do you think you missed?The only thing I can think of is the UK eclipse, 10 minutes of 'new age' mania. Rave on!
Old Oct 5, 1999, 9:06 am
Original Member

yes, I'm another UK BA victim

Don't remember any good BA promos for a long time. Double miles earlier in the year and a restricted "buy one get one free" promo but BA have been quite stingy of late....
Old Oct 5, 1999, 12:20 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic
I'm not sure I understand all this 'victim' and 'stingy' stuff. I think that I've done quite well out of BA and Airmiles, particularly as I can collect with Mastercard/Diners Club/Shell/BT/Vodaphone and Sainsbury's(thankyou darling!).
In the past couple of years I've taken 2 of my kids to New York, the other to Paris and Chicago, and my wife to New York, and we're now thinking about Rome/Florence/LAX.
Am I missing something obviously better in terms of collecting FF miles somewhere else?
Is there a mug's guide to where it's best to collect? I sometimes think I must be the mug. Flying around in ever decreasing circles in order to collect miles in order to travel somewhere else!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.