Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair vs. BA on transatlantic flights

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 1999, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Stimpy, I am an old woman and straight as an arrow, but I love looking at beautiful young women....and beautiful young men. Just like I love looking at beautiful babies and children. Just like I loved looking at a most handsome and charming 60+ year-old BA Pilot I met this afternoon at the airport. He tipped his hat, bowed, and smiled the most deliciously wicked smile I have seen in years. Made me flutter in places I had forgotten I had. All that is wonderful and good.

Bad is using words like "OLD, FAT, LAZY and UGLY" to described experienced Flight Attendants who are doing their level best to earn a living at a very tough job. To appreciate the exterior beauty of youth is perfectly acceptable. To be unable to appreciate the internal beauty of maturity is shallow, silly and indicative of a major personality flaw.

It disturbed me greatly to see this thread wandering in a questionable direction.
Old May 4, 1999, 3:23 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
thank you punki - I just safed your post and might well use it on other occasions/places.
Old May 4, 1999, 3:35 am

Punki: "OLD, FAT, LAZY and UGLY" just add "ARROGANT, POMPOUS, CRANKY and IRRITABLE" and you have described me perfectly.

Nick
Old May 4, 1999, 4:30 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Nick fishing for compliments?
Old May 4, 1999, 5:27 am

Rudi: I'm English remember. We don't like compliments, we get awfully embarresed and bashfull!
Old May 4, 1999, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Punki, I agree totally with your post and I hope you agree with mine. I thought that this thread was turned in the right direction days ago?
Old May 4, 1999, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Merry: With qualifications like that I am amazed that they haven't made you a bloomin Lord or something. Or does that require RICH and CHAUVINISTIC as well?

(Merry, this was meant as a good natured response to your obvious joke. We can all tell from your posts that you are charming, supportive and helpful.

[This message has been edited by Punki (edited 05-04-99).]
Old May 4, 1999, 4:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

It should not be a secret that experience, in fact, is not always good. An unexperienced flight attendant is more energetic, excited and willing than an experienced one who has dealt with many picky and unhappy passangers throughout her carreer, gone on strike 5 times in her life, never got promoted for 50 years and is sick and tired of her job. It's a tough world. Sorry...
Old May 4, 1999, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Hey Stimpy, I agree with YOU totally.
Old May 5, 1999, 1:45 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
All my Finnish friends all say BA! Although Finnair is probably quite good. Do you want to go to the UK or Helsinki? That's possibly a more important question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.