Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA, OneWorld and RTW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 1999, 12:31 pm

Yeh, that is a OneWorld party all right.

They have reeled out the VIP 'flagged' people. ie.

VIP2: President of ABC Corp.
VIP3: Staff Journalist - Daily Planet.

Better luck next time.
Nick
Old Apr 14, 1999, 10:35 pm
mgm

Merry -- I'm sure we will be hearing from you on why BA did not know anything about the event and why as a Premier member you did not get advance notice. I have since complained to both AA and the BA/QF office in Singapore. If they want the continued support of my office they will need to come up with something -- I am more than happy to shift our long haul business to SQ (particularly as their membership in Star Alliance seems imminent).
Old Apr 15, 1999, 5:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
That might get a rise out of them.
Old Apr 15, 1999, 12:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I sincerely hope, that all of you will stay with oneworld airlines - as we StarAlliance addicted ff need empty business- and first-class-seats for our own upgrades.
Old Apr 16, 1999, 7:32 am
mgm

Rudi -- cross airline upgrades (which seem to be common with Star Alliance) could be an incentive to move but until I see premium products similar to BA and QF those empty seats are all yours
Old Apr 16, 1999, 7:42 am

Rudi, as a Star Alliance fan (Gold 3 times over - 4 if you include Lufthansa - remember) I have to agree with you.

But have no fear those premium seats will remain empty. Who in there right mind is going to pay for a First/Business class ticket with star's carriers? Everyone knows OW's carriers offer a far superior product. That is why Star gives so many upgrades out, to fill its empty seats!

Nick
Old Apr 16, 1999, 8:09 am
Original Member

You won't be able to say that anymore if Singapore joins Star!

------------------
Cheers,
HKF
Old Apr 16, 1999, 10:14 am

HKF: "if"! When.

You are quite right, Star will then have it's second quality carrier, and I will be a very happy bunny. I may even increase my patronage.

Nick
Old Apr 16, 1999, 12:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
aFter a interesting afternoon online-chat (two days ago) with Merry, I am (half-way) convinced that he never has to fly/accumulate miles to become a top-tier of any-airline. They just throw their EMPEROR/NAPOLEON/QUEEN/KING/CAPTAIN/WOLFRAM-PLATINUM-GOLD-DIAMOND-Card after him and even have to ask if he will please kindly accept membership and how they will be honored if he does.

I am soooooooooooooo jealous (even here in Wengen I can't stand this ...).
Old Apr 16, 1999, 2:12 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Rudi: In England, true honors are never EARNED, they are BESTOWED
Old Apr 17, 1999, 1:33 am

Well, it is a strange thing in life, but airlines kind of treat you well when you decided if they are to have a couple of million dollars worth of business this year or not (and it is T&E review time next weeks folks)!

With purchasing powers goes priviledge. With priviledge goes little platinum bits of plastic.

Nick
Old Apr 19, 1999, 2:10 pm
Original Member

aah... he really enjoys collecting all those shiny cards because they add to his poker hand...

Is there anyone you can play "Snap" with, Merry??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.