Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde special for 1998

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 1998, 7:46 am
Original Member

Maybe the software pounces on any four-letter word that is unfamiliar?
Old Oct 29, 1998, 7:48 am
Original Member

I too, am a member of that illustrious club, Merry, with similar innocence.

Have fun with Air France...
Old Oct 29, 1998, 5:12 pm
Commander Catcop

Which Premier do you mean, Merry Flyer? BA
or United? If you have re-qualified I would
ring them up and ask them if you can join the
exclusive club.

All I can say if Sir Richard gets a Concorde
it will look like the plane the movie character AUstin Powers, man of mystery flies
with scantly clad stewardesses and game room
like atmostphere (But will it have Pepsi?)

Now an Omni topic...

Sir Richard, your arch ememy is an inspiration for one of the characters in my book or screenplay about frequent flyer travel. He has he new autobiography out and
I'm considering getting it, if only to get
some inspiration for this character, the
airline head.

The "hero" is of course a frequent flyer
who has a love of cats. Wonder who that is?
CATMAN
Old Nov 5, 1998, 2:19 am
Original Member

Location: London,UK. Ok, about 100 miles from London really, but how many Americans know where Market Harborough is?
Catman: Please do not buy Richard's (Big Dick) Branson's new biography.

If you do Richard will earn 3cents, the Inland Revenue will take 2cents of that, all those left over cents will add-up and he will use them to extend the evil empire.

Ahhhh.... when will I ever let this vendeta end?

If you must by a biography get the one about Sir Freddie Laker - now there was I man I could respect.
MF

Old Nov 5, 1998, 12:11 pm
Commander Catcop

Merry Flyer, I did not know Sir Freddie Laker
(A real hero airline pioneer) had an autobiography out. I must get it (if I do from Barnes & Noble I'll get 50 Clickmiles!)
Thanks for the tip.

Someone at work has one of those publisher's
copies of Sir Richard's book and says she'll
pass it on to me. I may just skim it. CATMAN
Old Nov 18, 1998, 1:42 pm
Original Member

I have flown BA concorde on four trips. To say no other airplane comes close is an understatement. I have flown seven and 13 hours hours on BA first class and it is truly the only way to go subsonic. Let me tell you. 3.15 hours door to door supersonic is much better than anything subsonic.

The service is truly excellent. The comments about the seats are a joke. If regular airplanes had seats half as comfortable, coach would be tolerable.

They only have 8 years left on these planes. 60's vintage or otherwise if love airtravel you should do supersonic at least once in your life. It's more than worth it.
Old Nov 18, 1998, 3:41 pm
pgupta011

It is really unfair comparing the seats on the Concorde with a coach seat on another plane. To be fair compare Concorde seats with a first class seat on a transatlantic flight. In my opinion, Continental Airline business class seats are far more comfortable than the ones on the Concorde I flew.

Old Nov 19, 1998, 1:09 am
Original Member

Location: London,UK. Ok, about 100 miles from London really, but how many Americans know where Market Harborough is?
Ummm now this is interesting, Maurice491 feels like he could be my long lost twin...

PG: Did you fly BA or AF Concorde?

I agree that I don't really get comparing Concorde with Coach!

Personally as much as I love Concorde, I find the seats a little small and the pitch a little tight for my liking, it is OK for a couple of hours but then I get the fidgits. But for the sake of speed you have to make some sacrifices.

I recently tried Continental's BusinessFirst and was really disappointed. I think it is more like a cross between economy and business than business and Frist. The seats are business class seats but everything else is not quite right.

I would agree with Maurice that BA First is one of the best First Class service's around.
MF

Old Nov 19, 1998, 8:05 am
pgupta011

I flew the Concorde on Air France. I was flying from San Fran to Paris, and had to take a red eye to New York from SFO, and the Concorde from New York to Paris. In retrospect I would have rather taken a non stop from SFO to Paris.

Old Nov 19, 1998, 9:19 am
Original Member

PG: I suspected from your comments that you had used Air France.

British Airways Concorde is MUCH superior. The service, food and wine are excellent.

I flew Air France Concorde once and hated it (admittedly I was in a very bad mood on that occassion). My only complaint about BA Concorde is that if you are used to alot of space, you can feel cramped on BA Concorde. It is nowhere as bad as coach, but you obviously havn't got the masses of space you have in First.

Don't give up on Concorde! If you get a chance fly the BA version, I think you will be pleased.
MF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.