Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody has a bumping experience on BA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 1998, 9:35 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Anybody has a bumping experience on BA

I never get bumped on BA. How about the experience ? My flight Sep 3 YUL-LHR are sold out and there is change of bumping.
I am quite happy with bumping on AMERICAN who treated very efficiently and fairly. With the threat of strike on Air Canada and Northwesth the oversolds on AC/NW are more than likely.
Old Aug 29, 1998, 2:54 am
Original Member

Location: London,UK. Ok, about 100 miles from London really, but how many Americans know where Market Harborough is?
I have some experience of being bumped by BA.

About 18 months ago I was due to fly Houston to LGW. BA arranged for Houtson to JFK and then Concorde to LHR, so I arrived at approx the same time as if I had taken the origional flight. They even arranged for a car from LHR to LGW (as I was meeting people there) and a complimentary room at the Gatwick Meridian Hotel so I could freshen-up.

Altogther, they made things as pleasant as they could.

I have several colleagues who have been reallocated to Concorde as their JFK flights have been full.

Recently I have not experienced bumping. I think this is partly because my level of FF membership guarantees me a seat and partly becasue BA have got one of the most accurate load planning systems.

My advice would be if BA are proposing to bump you - you will do OK out of it.

Newbtravelle likes this.
Old Sep 2, 1998, 12:54 am
Original Member

I have had quite a few upgrades last year and the beginning of this year. Full flights from EWR to LHR used to mean a Concorde upgrade from JFK but that seems to have stopped recently.
Haven't had a First Class upgrade for a while either.....I think they have refined their capacity planning model very well!!
Old Sep 2, 1998, 3:07 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks for informations from you 2.
I guess BA has a policy of more restricted
oversold than AA. AMERICAN Airlines do a lot
of oversold. But leisure travellers like it because of free tickets given. Less the business travellers. Last Christmas American
Airlines has added 1 additionnal flight every day from Jan 1 to Jan 4 just for the bumped
and happy passengers. I go 2000USD voucher
exchanged for 2 tickets to Paris during the
WORLD CUP.
I have quite a flexible schedule while traveling that why I like to be volunteer for bumping.
Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.