Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Expedia booked 125 ticket stock,can BA change a tight connection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2024, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hi Folks,
As the title says,who controls that ticket
Its an inbound in F on BA from MIA on the A380 connecting to DUB 1 hour and 20 mins after arrival,so quite tight with A380 potential delays but rushed anyway
Is it something youfirst could do ? Or the Gold line?
who owns the management of the ticket when its bought from expedia?
I t contains an AA tatl ex DUB and a U.S domestic F all on 125 stock ticket
Old May 15, 2024, 3:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am afraid any change to that would be subject to fare rules - so potentially a change fee and fare reprice. You have to do any changes with your TA. BA dont control the ticket until 24 hours before the first flight.
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Yikes,on that basis,I'd be better off leaving it alone
could I ask instead at the BA desk when checking bags on the return ?
i've no issue with a fee tbh at the desk given the convenience the change would offer
It's fully appearing on MMB and I'm able to choose seats
The fare , considering the F sector home was quite the bargain at sub 3k stg
Old May 15, 2024, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Earthman
Yikes,on that basis,I'd be better off leaving it alone
could I ask instead at the BA desk when checking bags on the return ?
i've no issue with a fee tbh at the desk given the convenience the change would offer
It's fully appearing on MMB and I'm able to choose seats
The fare , considering the F sector home was quite the bargain at sub 3k stg
you are unlikely to be looking at a change fee, you will be looking at a change fee plus price difference.

If you got a "cheap" 1st ticket then you can expect the price difference to be significant, even at historic pricing.

you can always ask at the desk and see what they offer.
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
What's your upside from changing? A longer connection and more time in the Concorde Room?

Are you trying to do (or avoid) a back-to-back on DUB-LHR afterwards, or worried you'll be penalised if you decline to fly if your connection is delayed?

If your LHR-DUB is delayed, and you have DUB-LHR on a separate booking with luggage, you can use same-day change when you land at Heathrow (or potentially, before taking of from MIA) to extend the time then.
Old May 15, 2024, 4:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
With so many flights from LHR to DUB (including Aer Lingus) there isn't any point to worrying about this. If you are in danger of missing conformance you will get rebooked anyway to the next available flight. But to answer part of the question, BA takes ownership 24 hours before departure (presumably somewhere on the AA network) until arrival into DUB, so BA would only touch the ticket at that point. This counts as a complex ticket so it's best to react to events rather than being proactive based on possible events.
Earthman, Cymro and KARFA like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro
What's your upside from changing? A longer connection and more time in the Concorde Room?

Are you trying to do (or avoid) a back-to-back on DUB-LHR afterwards, or worried you'll be penalised if you decline to fly if your connection is delayed?

If your LHR-DUB is delayed, and you have DUB-LHR on a separate booking with luggage, you can use same-day change when you land at Heathrow (or potentially, before taking of from MIA) to extend the time then.
Upside,more time in the concorde room,vs potentially none at all
I do need to go to DUB,its all one PNR,so conenience aswell,no rush

During the week,the MIA flight came in at 744am whilst the DUB flight was at 820am
In that scenario,I presume deplaning at 8am latest and directly to a BA desk ?
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
With so many flights from LHR to DUB (including Aer Lingus) there isn't any point to worrying about this. If you are in danger of missing conformance you will get rebooked anyway to the next available flight. But to answer part of the question, BA takes ownership 24 hours before departure (presumably somewhere on the AA network) until arrival into DUB, so BA would only touch the ticket at that point. This counts as a complex ticket so it's best to react to events rather than being proactive based on possible events.
In the scenario of an 8am arrival,I presume the 820am is lost,so can I ask the person at the BA desk to rebook onto a lunchtime flight with maybe a more leisuely couple of hours then in the concorde room ?
I will ask at MIA aswell of course
Old May 15, 2024, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Upside,more time in the concorde room,vs potentially none at all
I do need to go to DUB,its all one PNR,so conenience aswell,no rush

During the week,the MIA flight came in at 744am whilst the DUB flight was at 820am
In that scenario,I presume deplaning at 8am latest and directly to a BA desk ?

In the scenario of an 8am arrival,I presume the 820am is lost,so can I ask the person at the BA desk to rebook onto a lunchtime flight with maybe a more leisuely couple of hours then in the concorde room ?
I will ask at MIA aswell of course
if your connection time comes down to 20 minutes then you will likely have been rebooked while in the air. You will get the update in your app if connected to the onboard wifi or when you land if you have a data connection.

if the new connection that you are rebooked on does not work for you then you can approach the connections desk and see what else they can do for you.

you are likely to be rebooked on one of these

ei 09:50
ba834 (10:40/11:00 depending on the day of the week)
ei 12:00
ba 836 (13:00/13:35 depending on the day of the week)
KARFA likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks,I'd say it'll be galeries North rather than the concorde room I'd imagine if a non expensive change at MIA is not possible and the flights on time
I do like to get into the plaza premium at the lower A gates too (with Rev Ultra) for a gorgeous cold pint of Poretti which they have on draft
A quick one of those before boarding especially when rushed is pure bliss
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Remember flight delays are individual, not probabilities. Some days the 206 has been delayed, several others it arrived 30 minutes early.

BA doesnt do same day change us style or convenience change. If you want a change it will be as per fare rules ie any hypothetical change fee plus fare difference regardless of whether you do it in advance through Expedia or at the counter with ba. If you are booked in A with some super advance fare it will be very expensive.

if your inbound flight is late youll indeed be proactively rebooked. I recommend you download the ba app and youll be able to check any rebooking that has happened live including onboard your tatl if the wifi works.
scottishpoet and Earthman like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 5:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Thanks,I'd say it'll be galeries North rather than the concorde room I'd imagine if a non expensive change at MIA is not possible and the flights on time
I do like to get into the plaza premium at the lower A gates too (with Rev Ultra) for a gorgeous cold pint of Poretti which they have on draft
A quick one of those before boarding especially when rushed is pure bliss
Pretty certain the Miami 380 flight arrives at a C gates around 7.00 am so not sure youll have time to get a couple in before the Dub flight giving the distances and if you get bounced to EI youll be out of t2
Old May 15, 2024, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by E14 26C
Pretty certain the Miami 380 flight arrives at a C gates around 7.00 am so not sure youll have time to get a couple in before the Dub flight giving the distances and if you get bounced to EI youll be out of t2
9 times out of 10,the Dub flights leave from the A gates near the plaza premium lounge so if I get there before boarding,youd be surprised how quickly I'd down a Poretti Italian nectar 😂
Old May 15, 2024, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Btw,the fare basis via finnair is indeed A for the First sector but it is J for the Dublin flight if that makes a difference in terms of what a change costs,change only being to that last flight ?
Old May 15, 2024, 7:04 am

Programs: IBPlus Platinum (OWE)
Btw,the fare basis via finnair is indeed A for the First sector but it is J for the Dublin flight if that makes a difference in terms of what a change costs,change only being to that last flight ?
Depends on the fare restrictions, sometimes you have to reprice the whole segment, as some fares cannot be combined with others.
Earthman likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
it makes no difference. All short haul connections on ba from long haul book into J for the vast majority of fares (a few exceptions on ib fares etc ) to facilitate space (bas priority is to sell long haul j/f not o/d London to/from Europe) but the ticket conditions are unaffected.
Earthman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.