Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BAEC Additional driver no credit card (PU Harry Reid Avis)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Hi,
We have a booking for a car rental for Harry Reid Las Vegas through BAEC using the additional driver perk with AVIS, but the additional driver does not have a credit card. Found mixed information on whether you need a credit card for the additional driver or just a credit id (which ive gathered is a credit card or debit card with Visa) The additional driver is not the spouse or partner of the main driver. Has anyone any experience or knowledge of what is required and if a debit card is acceptable as the credit check. The main driver has a credit card and the booking is prepaid, Thanks!
Old May 8, 2024, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC
With Avis I have just used a debit card attached to the account and not been questioned whether its credit or debit so far! Assume that applies for additional drivers too.
tboss81 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Welcome to FlyerTalk. I think the only thing Avis requires is for the additional driver to show their drivers licence. I don't recall the second driver having to produce a credit or debit card.
Old May 8, 2024, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Ok thanks both for the replies, hopefully this is the case! We are going on sunday so fingers crossed!!!
Old May 8, 2024, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by AJA_
Welcome to FlyerTalk. I think the only thing Avis requires is for the additional driver to show their drivers licence. I don't recall the second driver having to produce a credit or debit card.
I can second this, had the same experience multiple times
tboss81, AJA_ and Lefly like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Sharratt4
I can second this, had the same experience multiple times
Likewise, on several rentals adding an additional driver only license required - only one credit card hold is taken whether one or multiple drivers are on the rental.
Old May 8, 2024, 6:28 am

Yes Ive never needed a card for additional driver. They are just an annotation on the booking, everything is done in the name of the lead driver.
Old May 8, 2024, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Yeah absolutely the credit card / liability etc is on the main contract with the main driver .. additional driver just needs to show their licence that's it
Old May 9, 2024, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Ok thanks all!
wanderingjock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.