Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA New Shorthaul Seat and Cabin Interiors - G-TNED Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA New Shorthaul Seat and Cabin Interiors - G-TNED Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ameerali.ouarda
Shame really it’s not like we can fly Virgin Atlantic short haul.
For a short while you could but then they lost money hand over fist because nobody wanted to fly with them… so you are stuck with BA or a LCC.
Old May 8, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
For a short while you could but then they lost money hand over fist because nobody wanted to fly with them… so you are stuck with BA or a LCC.
That was a good 18 months or so. I switched almost all my business away from BA during that period and despite lack of proper lounge facilities and separate J domestic (although iirc BA didn’t either then) I always had row 1 and nobody else sat by me. I can see why they lost money but was lovely as a passenger and I thought their domestic interiors were really nice for Europe too.
FlyingSquirrel_ likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 6:43 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
So the downgrades are:
  • No Universal Plug Sockets (3-Pin)
  • Cartoon BA logo (I loved the old metal one)

It’s also been a while since I’ve gotten a paper menu and hot towels.

Also interesting how the new Neo’s doesn’t feature the black mask like Iberia. If anyone has a reason it would be nice to know.
USB-C 60W should be enough to run a modern laptop and only needs a simple USB-C to USB-C lead.

Personally I think the metal logo looks a bit dated now and the new one is better/more modern.

I would like hot towels again though.

The black mask is just paint on the A320. Some airlines have chosen it to match the A350, others (including BA) have not.
revorgap likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JapesUK
G-TNED, 13th flight this evening, LHR-NCL

Why do these new planes have no wifi? I was on TNEA and TNEB last week, no wifi there either.
Apparently, WiFi is not fitted from the factory but is fitted at a later stage. Which is really annoying if you get on one of the newer ones.
JapesUK likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Also interesting how the new Neo’s doesn’t feature the black mask like Iberia. If anyone has a reason it would be nice to know.
It's a wholly cosmetic choice, Lufthansa added this option after a period of not having it on new NEOs, but there's no actual compelling reason to have it. It's very human to follow the crowd, not want to be the one looking different?
Old May 8, 2024, 7:29 am

As far as I can remember, Airbus isn't certified to fit the (now Viasat) Inmarsat EAN system.
revorgap likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 7:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Just opened this thread as I looked out the window - eye mask or not she looks very clean on the outside.

skipness1E and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 8:35 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by aks120
Yup and cabin crew were actively asking for the bags to be put in properly - education is key apparently! I passed on the AA anecdote about putting them in like tacos but not sure it translated well to a late night NCL crowd
Put them in like toast points in a rack? No, still not NCL proof.. Coins in a slot machine?
aks120 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
So the downgrades are:
  • No recline.
Recline is still there to row 14
aks120 and ameerali.ouarda like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Put them in like toast points in a rack? No, still not NCL proof.. Coins in a slot machine?
On it now in Dublin. Looking up I can see bags flat rather than stood on their side. There's pictures in the bins of bags feet first, but I guess the process remains a mystery for many.
Old May 8, 2024, 11:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by dougzz
On it now in Dublin. Looking up I can see bags flat rather than stood on their side. There's pictures in the bins of bags feet first, but I guess the process remains a mystery for many.
There are people in this world who have not played Tetris, and are incapable of tessellating..
Old May 8, 2024, 12:11 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by revorgap
Recline is still there to row 14
So I guess that's the maximum extent of Club Europe in these planes?

Is it also slimline seats with less padding behind row 14 ?
Old May 8, 2024, 12:30 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonAussie

Yes. 1-14 also fitted with higher rated USB-C sockets that will charge a laptop. Size of Club also constrained by the amount of storage space for meals on these aircraft too, I am led to believe. On the A320 it’s probably safe to assume Club will be able to go to row 12, but 10 and 11 won’t recline because of emergency exit requirements.

No it’s not the slimline seat from row 15. It’s the same seat with a slightly tighter pitch and no recline.
revorgap likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 12:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by skipness1E
It's a wholly cosmetic choice, Lufthansa added this option after a period of not having it on new NEOs, but there's no actual compelling reason to have it. It's very human to follow the crowd, not want to be the one looking different?
Cosmetic for operations in Northern Europe but the black frame does have a temperature stabilising effect when the aircraft sit around for long period of time in sun baked locations.
SxMan likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by LondonAussie

Crew told me that it had a max of 82 in club! Math didnt work for me, not sure how you get 4 x 20 + 2. If true, I’d dread to think what that would look like on a MAN or NCL breakfast run!
mnhusker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.