Wiki Posts
Search

Early bag drop/status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Early bag drop/status

It's something I don't often think about as for the most part I fly SH and hang-baggage only, but going away over the summer with a few others LH. I've clocked that bag drop at T5 is open at different times depending on status; so anyone with status can drop from 3:30am on the day, otherwise it's 3 hours prior if you're in WT.

The booking has a couple of us on it with status, and I know various other benefits of status carry over to everyone else on the booking. But I wondered if this did, too? I ask as one of those without any status will be the first at LHR - about 6 hours before our flight - due to coming on another.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Though there are times when the drop opens at 03:30 hrs, you are best to assume it is 04:58 hrs if using the machines, as a generalisation.

If the first person to turn up doesn't have status AND there is a warehouse restriction then they may not get to use the self service machines until 3 or 4 hours to departure. Usually though the machines simply allow access. Sometimes, irrespective of other factors, a member of staff may ask you not to use the machines (there is usually an informal check in the area before the machine to ensure the passenger has a boarding pass and is in the right area) - that won't happen to anyone with Sapphire or above.
AviationMoose likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thank you for that, and useful to know.

That's no problem re: the opening time it's just what I saw listed. They get in at 10am or something for a 4pm flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.